My URGE, satisfied!

gottchoo

Excellent post, and good taste. For your last quandry, I'd also go with the Bardots. Just bear in mind that with strapless shoes at such large size you'll have to get the size nearly perfect to prevent the backs from slipping off as you walk, especially as you are more or less practicing. This is yet another excuse to always try on shoes in the store. I work weekend mornings at Aldo and have 3 regular guys who purchase heels nearly every weekend (and I thought I bought a lot of shoes??!!) who have trouble with pump-like shoes! Many of the summer styles are gone now, with more emphasis on boots. Good time to get good deals on pump like shoes. BUT, make sure they fit perfect... Have fun.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I was just going to post about that.....considering there is no leeway in the sizing, if I am a 11.5/12 in men's, where should I be starting at with this heel? 13? Or does it all matter on the make or the shoe [different styles, different makers, different sizing?] Maybe I can talk the owner into order a few sizes, half size apart.

Usually, with most heels, you want to go 1.5 sizes higher from men's to get your women's size...BUT, a size 9.5 Pleaser gives me plenty of room, where a size 10 Luscious is tight. Size 9.5 Bandolino is comfortable where a size 10 Guess is tight. If they can do it, have them order a 12.5 and 13. 13.5, if I had to guess, would slip off the foot backs for you.

Scott, Congratulations on landing the job at Aldo. Which store do you work at? I want to go and buy some shoes from you. Do you work in heels? Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Hi Henri, I was supposed to have been working at the Aldo's at the Mall of NH in Manchester, they need more help at the Aldo's in Nashua, so I bounce between the 2. I just open on Saturday and Sundays now. I haven't worked in heels yet, though a few of my customers seem to be urging me to. Soon, and I'll take pics...:winkiss: Thanks!

I was just going to post about that.....considering there is no leeway in the sizing, if I am a 11.5/12 in men's, where should I be starting at with this heel? 13? Or does it all matter on the make or the shoe [different styles, different makers, different sizing?]

Maybe I can talk the owner into order a few sizes, half size apart.

Unfortunately the sizes can be all over the map. I'm about a man 12.5, I owned an older pair of Fredericks pumps in sz 13, that are pretty tight. When I started to shop about a month ago, with the +1.5/+2.0 recommendation, I figured I was looking at a woman's sz 14 or 15.

At Payless though, I've had surprisingly good luck with just 13's. I've bought two boots in 13 regular, and while a little more room could help, I think I'll be okay in them (what I plan on wearing on my public heelingexcursions). A 13 sandal is tight across the foot, but in a basic pump, both a 12W and 13 were too small, but a 13W almost unbelievably too large (I need pads in the soles to fill them out so my feet stay in them). From other comments on the Payless thread, my impression is their shoes tend to run large, which makes them ideal for male buyers.

If you'll be ordering from a local store, I'd suggest three comments to them (tactfully woven into your conversation with them):

1. Tell them the shoes are for you.

2. Ask them for the brand/shoe you plan on buying, do they tend to run large/small/true to size.

Based on these two statements, hopefully the agent/manager will work to help you select the best size(s).

3. Regardless, ask what the policy is if the shoes don't fit. Will they refund your money completely? Will they exchange (reorder) for a different size?

Maybe as you buy a lot, you might know the intracacies of sizes (as Stilettoscot's post pointed out). However, until then, and unless you can try on in the store, I think any catalog, web, or special order has to be with the expectation that you may need a different size.

• 2 weeks later...

How I wish my foot size was so much smaller for the first time in my life.

Last week, my heels were sent to the store and they were the wrong size. So I waited...they were delayed a week, then another few days for god knows what reason. I called and they were in the store a few days ago. I had some spare time and headed over to pick them up today.

I didnt get my pedicure, mainly due to obligations, but i have been trying to care of my feet more than normal.

I go to the store and there is the lady that sold me the heels and a man behind the counter on the computer, checking out some high heel websites ( i guess for prices).

I notice on the box, it says "patent".....I specifically said I didnt want patent leather but normal. After being delayed 3 weeks, I didnt care and tried them on. As you can see from the pic, they are ever so slightly small on me on the heel part. The toes are semi-comfortable but after wearing a while, I get marks on my feet from the material going over the toes.

I even think these are a tad higher than what I wanted......but it may be b/c my size is a 12 that they seem higher? They are a 7in heel with a 2.5 in platform.

Bar the fact they were delayed QUITE some time, the fact they are entirely the wrong heel size and leather style....I took them and tried them on in front of the man and woman, in the middle of the store. I didnt walk around too much, but we did agree that the next set I need to bump it up to a 13 and not a 12........unfortuntaly the distributor doesnt take send backs unless there is a defect.

All said and done, I must say that putting them on is like nothing I ever experienced. It honestly wouldnt have matter who was in the store at that moment b/c I was just in some ZONE.

I have walked around abit and honestly do wish I went a bit smaller, but do not entirely regret going so high as they are quite comfortable.

With my platform desires appeased, I looked for the BARDOT style from Snaz75 in their catalogs and came up empty. I did howeve, come close and ordered these in a 13...

http://www.shoebuy.com/pleaser-flair-480/241978/518415

All in all I am ecstatic I FINALLY have a pair of heels that are mine. This desire has been 3 years in supression and it just feels amazing to finally have a pair. Even though they are patent and so slightly small for my feet, I am loving wearing them around the house. Here are some pics...

http://i36.tinypic.com/104kmdz.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/214v4w9.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2my3qqe.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/hx7t3l.jpg

I know, I know some may be thinking that I shouldnt have taken them if they arent what I really wanted....but! The comfort factor of buying from this store, trying them on in store and being able to look through catalogs with the sales people AND not feel like Im being judge is worth the slight sacrifice of not having the exact heel I want.

That being said, if the Flair doesn't come in as I want, I will not be taking it as my unbridaled desire to finally have a pair of heels in my grasp is satisfied.

So looking forward to my next pair already!!

I can feel the aggravation and frustration in your comments. A lot of joy is taken away from of long anticipated event when things don't go as they should. :winkiss: The simple fact that it took your order so much longer to get to you than you anticipated, when you weigh your desire for your shoes and the inconvenience of having to go through it all over again, you chose the simplest solution -- that of suffering the consequences of wearing slightly uncomfortable shoes, with a measure of the pleasure that you thought you were going to have, as apposed to not having any shoes at all, was the lesser of two choices. Congratulations on your purchase and here's hoping that your next ordering experience will go precisely as programed. :nervous:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I too, can sense your frustration and can empathize with you as I have also been through such times. Things like that happen from time to time. Hopefully your next purchase will go as smoothly as you will plan it to be and will make up for passed experiences with great satisfaction. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I recalled the lady telling me that since the order was screwed up, the company was sending two pairs of 12s. So on a whim, I just called and asked what brand the other 12s were, and alas! They are the pleasers I ordered! She said I can swap them out, no problem. So there may be some light shed upon my first experience yet.

Sigh!

Well, I didn't.

The pros....the Pleaser heel is a much better heal all around than the Jante. It feels more sturdy, the sole is slightly padded so it's more comfortable.

The cons....it's still patent [not that I hate patent, but my Flair's that are on order only come in patent and I just wanted a variety] and they are HIGHER! The other heels were 6.75, these are 7in and I can tell the difference.

7in doesn't bother me at all to walk in, but it's more an astetic issue for me. I really love the 6in plats, but always thought a higher platform took away from the sexiness of the heel and made it...'more clowny'. If that makes sense.

That being said, when I am in these heels, they do feel pretty good and I like the way they look. So even though it's not the heel I originally ordered, I am happier to have a better made heel.

Looking forward to my Pleaser Flair 480s, but was told they would be 2 weeks. Which, hopefully won't turn into another month! heh.

Oh yeah...the one MAJOR plus is the 12 in the Pleaser fits almost perfect whereas the Jante was a bit small, making them tougher to walk in.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since my last visit.

I went back to the store two weeks after I ordered my Flair 480s and turns out, they told me the manufacturer said they were out and wouldn't have them in stock until Jan. After trying to find another style that was comparable, I opted to take my deposit and said I'd be back.

A week later I went for my first pedicure and boy, were you all right! I was a walk in, told the lady I want a ped, sat next to another woman that was getting her's done and the lady started on mine while the woman's was drying. So she starts...and I comment that I went french tips. Wish I had it on video the reaction of the woman over the next 3-4min. She didn't understand....scoffed, and looked at the woman next to me, chuckled 'with' her at me. I finally said 'is it a problem that I want french tips' and she sort of shrugged. So she started...annoyed, I decided not to let her get to me and started talking to her to the point where she realized that I was actually a person and not some weirdo she thought I was. She said that many guys come in but all get clear polish if any, never french tips. Told her 'a first for everything'.

I left and was pretty happy with the results, even if I did feel slightly rushed.

Later that week, I gave the wife a ped and in doing so, told her I got one as well.....she was a tad shocked and even MOREso when I told her I got polish....she wanted to see but by that time, i took it off b/c I didn't know what her reaction would be. All in all, she was shocked and whereas her reaction wasn't overly negative, it wasn't overly positive either. No...'cool, we should go together'....it was more 'im shocked since it doesn't seem like ....you, doesnt seem manly'. I laughed inside since here I am buying heels; wonder how manly she would presume that to be. heh.

So after coming back here, I saw Jwhite post about glamor boutique and decided I was going to head over and check it out. Was a very positive exp and my Flair 480s will be in within 2 weeks and if they don't fit properly, they will 'eat' the order, unlike the other store where it was a hard sale.

While there I decided to try on a few things whereas before my CDing was only heels/thigh highs. Figured I was there, so why not. All in all, really happy with the experience. Was nice to talk to the guy there about heels and such just like we were talking sneakers and no added 'oddness'.