Do clothes have gender?

CassieJ

I started thinking about this a few days ago. I have seen many posts here that say things like, "no, these aren't women's shoes. They are MY shoes."

Have we given gender to our items of clothing?

I posted my thoughts on my blog http://fetishforhighheels.com and wanted to hear your thoughts on my premise.

CassieJ (Jeri on my blog)

thats right crotchboot-m, as many as there are STARS in this universe, along with their possible number of planets, any one of which could just like Earth (give or take the sizes) endless possibilities!!!!

Hey Cassie, Enjoyed reading your blog. Certainly all gender assignments for objects of design, color, and textures are socially originated. Since society hasn't recognized all individual personality differences, they have contrived to solidify their doctrine of gender by trying to brainwash everyone to believe in their teachings. Their scheming might have worked, if their doctrine were true to reality. Since there are so many contradictions, they have resorted to discrediting those differences in any way they can find support. Any truth that is manipulated to present a derivation, is subject to contradictions and causes people to follow paths of persection and ridicule toward those who differ with them. However, time and the need to correct inaccuracies has a way of brining out the truth. The people who find that they do not fall into the slot that society has set for them tend to have questions about their differences. This helps to free their thinking and they are more apt to see these manipulated truths. There are a number of things I would like to elaborate upon, but I will restrict my comments to this thread. Since society assigned gender to clothing, people may have not followed the standards all the time, but generally they accepted it. These standards seem to be subject to the social whims in each era before the 1800's, which meant certain clothing styles were worn by both men and women, at times. Within the last 200 years, clothing has become more specialized to certain gender selections. However, there has been some gradual, but steady unraveling of this assignment. Surprisingly, it has been brought about by those who had the freedom to choose and wanted to make every style and design an option within their list of choices. If you haven't got a clue by now as to who is really responsible for revealing the folly of our social clothing assignments, take a view at what women are able to wear with society's blessing. Does clothing have gender or are people closing their eyes to reality so that this false and warped premise is maintained to keep others from their right of choice? Thanks gals for generally wanting what is right and seeking equality. You have opened the door to liberating all of us. I hope we are men enough to see what we are being given and incorporate this freedom into our way of living and thinking.