Miu Miu

TaraSterling

I still remember the first Miu-Miu shoes I ever saw- delicate black patent T-straps with a metal heel about 4 or 5 inches high. Perfect angles, not too pointy. I've never bought anything made by them before, and none of my girlfriends have either. They are quite expensive, so before I invest I'd love to hear from someone who has owned a pair- did they last? Were you happy with them? Thanks!

A while back I stretched my budget and bought a pair of Miu Miu, Black Patent, 11.5cm high heeled, Double Strap Mary Jane Pumps. They looked fantastic, but when I tried to buckle the straps, one of the elastic bands that held a buckle, tore easily out of its secured sewings and damaged the patent finish. I was sickened by this result. Just because the name is well thought of in the fashion community, doesn't mean the quality is much better than some of the less expensive heels you can find on-line or in the more sensibly priced retailed outlets or stores. So, don't figure the higher price necessarily makes a better quality heel. If you can find a reputable supplier and can afford the cost, the chances of getting the better quality for the buck increases dramatically. The stiletto heels I have on now were less expensive than the Miu Miu's. These pumps were offered by Elite Heels, but they had to be made. The quality is worth the cost and the time I had to wait. When my budget will allow another puchase, I plan to order again.

Thanks for the info Tara. That is a great looking t-strap heel and sexy.:o I really think the photo on the right is really sexy looking and very pretty.:-? I think I fell in love the minute I laid eyes on it. Would that happen to be you, and if so will you marry me today?:cool1:

t-straps are my favorite style.

I own a pair of Miu Miu kneehigh boots, about 2" slacked heel, black and absolutely beautiful, bought for £10 in a charity shop. Fit like a gem but are a pain in the ass to get off after wearing but I love 'em to bits and can't wait to wear them over jeans this autumn and winter.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005