How do you prevent bunions if you want to wear pointy toed shoes?

audreyk

I seldom wear pointy toed heels because a lot of women in my familiy have had problems with bunions (not a fun thing at all). Yet a lot of nice styles nowadays are pointy toed. How are people able to wear pointy toed heels without developing bunions? Is there some stretching you can do or something? :o

I don't know, but I can tell that my big toe is angled kind of in and the rest of my toes have more taper than they used to from my pointy heels. I've just come to accept its part of having high heel feet, but I'm not sure what else you could do to avoid it other than not buy pointy heels. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

Hi im new here but been wearing heels with pointy toes for years,my feet changed shape alot and my doctor said that heels caused my bunions to form. they say pointy toes just speeds up the bunion prosses but its a small price to pay if you like nice shoes i think. sharon.

I am not into real sharp pointy shoes but find that my other toes almost overlap and my little toe is somewhat deformed and looks like it is bent out of shape. I have seen gals even have one toe removed with creates more room for the others but my feet are sexy in shoes and not so much without them anyway. Sheryl:yummy:

• 1 month later...

I've only ever worn pointy toed shoes for special occasions. Probably this would amount to something like 5 days in every month. My feet still look the way god intended them to look (well I think so anyway) So far I haven't suffered from any noticeable or horrifying deformations. I'm not sure if that's a tip or not.

• 7 months later...

When I was younger I scared my feet a good deal and now I am hesitant to wear anything that is not closed toe. My feet are not monstrously deformed or anything, but I just don't think they are pretty. Nobby toe joints and all... :winkiss: I am 33 and I have been wearing mostly pointed courts and heels now for nearly three months and I have not really noticed any change in my big toe (I have a few more calluses when I get my pedicures). How likely is this to be a problem? How long does it take for bunions to form? One would think that it takes decades. When I was in school I remember some of my friends having toes that seemed to align toward the middle of their foot. I have always assumed that they had started wearing heels to young.

• 1 month later...

I think it´s individul, because I often wear pointed heels and only have little bunions. Sometimes I see young women (about 18 or 20 years old) with really big bunions - how long/often did they wear pointed shoes? I´ve heard, it depends on conjunctive tissue on the feet. regards Andrea