Cushoned Insoles

Thighbootguy

I bought a pair of insoles for my guy shoes that are designed for heel and arch support. The insole has a cup shaped heel and a raised arch but the front only extends under the ball of the foot. The insole is 3/8” thick in the back and almost nothing in the front. They are very comfortable, which led me to try them in my 5” stiletto heeled boots. With the insole in my boot, I pulled them on and they felt good, but then I stood up. The extra 3/8” was a surprise. I have often preached there is a BIG difference between a 5” and 6” heel but I hadn’t thought 3/8” would make that much of a difference. Looks like 5” is really my limit. It did occur to me that anyone that wants to start moving up in heel height, a little at a time, could try this type of insole. It’s cheaper than another pair of shoes (but, I know, I know, it’s not as much fun.) :o

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It did occur to me that anyone that wants to start moving up in heel height, a little at a time, could try this type of insole. It’s cheaper than another pair of shoes (but, I know, I know, it’s not as much fun.)

:-?:cool1:

A couple of weeks ago, I tried my first pair of in-soles. I have to say my initial impression wasn't great, but I wanted to wear some un-cushioned heels for a whole day, and avoid the distraction of pain.

They were/are quite flimsy. For a number of hours they stayed where they should. [Full length and cost very little.] Walking back to the car, with only 200 yards more use before I had to remove them to drive, my toes managed to pull the pad up and fold it under itself. The last few yards were fairly uncomfortable.

I asked herself about this, and seemingly, it isn't unusual. ["It happens to me all the time."] That being the case, someone needs to work out a better solution. I bought some much more expensive full length gel in-soles, only to find I have to cut them to shape myself. (Great! :w00t2:)

I quite like the notion of the 3/8" increase without buying (yet another) pair of shoes or boots.

Do you have a link to the product at all please? They is a slim chance I might be able to get them here. :o

FF2 -

I had problems with full length insoles on 5" boots because they kept sliding down and bunching up around my toes. Someone on this board recommended double stick tape and it worked like a charm.

The insoles are the Kroger store brand that compares to Dr.Scholl's Tri-Comfort Insoles.

:o

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

FF2 -

I had problems with full length insoles on 5" boots because they kept sliding down and bunching up around my toes. Someone on this board recommended double stick tape and it worked like a charm.

The insoles are the Kroger store brand that compares to Dr.Scholl's Tri-Comfort Insoles.

:-?

TBG -

Thanks for the tip. They are hopefully, like these? :o

I won't be using tape in my boots, though it seems like a good idea. My feet produce enough heat and moisture to poach eggs with. :w00t2: Tape would have no chance to work in that kinda steam-bath. :cool1:

Stilettoscot -

It was the extra heel height that also interested me. [Two hits, one purchase.] Most of my shoes are 4" heels, the street worn ones anyway. I'd quite enjoy the extra lift on the heel, with the 'long-range' comfort of the padded ball.

As a slight aside, darkness arriving past 10pm isn't helping either my walking abilities, or waist line. The in-soles are not urgent yet, as my mile+ walks have all but stopped. :clap: I'm not up to walking from one the next town to my home town in daylight ~ yet.... :w00t2: