platform sneakers *without* heels

heelma

Another interesting shoe - though I would never buy it:

http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Shoe-2000-02BH-Black/dp/B0009AXIH8/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1216041913&sr=1-35

Isn't that some interesting idea at least?

"Product Description

We created the concept of frontal platform shoes. In regular shoes, 70% of the body's weight rests on the heel. Therefore, the calf muscles exert little effort in supporting the body. In Strength® Shoes, the heel is eliminated, causing the calves to support 100% of the body's weight. This overload works the calves and Achilles tendons with a force equal to 6 times the body's weight upon impact. As the force of impact occurs, the heel dips causing the achilles tendon to stretch. The Strength® System can also increase your anaerobic capacity and your anaerobic power by 500%. Each System includes: One pair of court shoes and a basic training video."

Do I understand correctly that by wearing these you can train to wear higher heels by stretching the calf muscle? Or, is that just the opposite effect?

Now if you want to practice balance, then wear something that requires Balance! Those are tama geta (ball clogs). I picked them up at a health food store in Japan in 2002 for around $25. The store clerk told me to "please walk carefully."

post-44-1335228626_thumb.jpg

Another interesting shoe - though I would never buy it:

http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Shoe-2000-02BH-Black/dp/B0009AXIH8/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1216041913&sr=1-35

Isn't that some interesting idea at least?

Do I understand correctly that by wearing these you can train to wear higher heels by stretching the calf muscle? Or, is that just the opposite effect?

I thought I read that these shoes (sneakers) can help you jump higher.

Yeah that is what they are intended for. These types of shoes have been around forever and you can even get platforms like this that can strap on to your regular shoes. Mostly basketball players wear them to help train for jumping high.

Yes I can see how these would strengthen your leg muscles and would be great for a work out. But there are many less expensive ways to strengthen you leg and calf muscles. But, everybody's got to have a gimmick.