150 yard dash in heels on US TV

QuickLTD

The official competition, for which participants will be sprinting for more than $30,000 in prize money and a variety of fun prizes, is open to women only, though men can enter a special honorary race category.

I would call this your typical sex discrimination!

It's all about the heel!

The official competition, for which participants will be sprinting for more than $30,000 in prize money and a variety of fun prizes, is open to women only, though men can enter a special honorary race category.

I would call this your typical sex discrimination!

There should be a race for women and a race for men. Especially with all of the publicity the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" events have gotten. The March of Dimes could use this for positive publicity if they did this.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at my subscriptions, just happen to come across this topic. Speaking of, has anyone watched it that day or was anyone in it? It WAS New York, right?

Formally "HHDude"

PS I am pretty fast and would love to win. (Former collegiate sprinter :o

I witnessed a male high heel race on a cobblestone street. A very interesting experience. Unfortunately, it was only open to employees.

As highestheels stated, any twisted ankles at all??? No hoping for any, but just saying.

Formally "HHDude"

astrid, how many twisted ankles!

As highestheels stated, any twisted ankles at all??? No hoping for any, but just saying.

None that I saw but there were definitely a few close ones. I was on a phone call at the time. God knows what the person on the other end was saying to me, I was glued to the race. Beats horse racing anyday.