Leg quandry. Advice needed.

Stilettoscot

OK, I have a pair of nice (even comfortable) 5.5" clear heeled sandals which I have worn to the club before. I'd like to wear them again, next week, except I don't want to wear the shiny tube mini skirt. I'd like to wear regular clothes and pants. So, I have heard, while growing up, that sheer stockings are a no-no with open toe shoes (like sandals). I have worn, for the slutty look, only fishnets with them, for both comfort and the edge appeal. BUT, I'd like to wear sheer stockings with them, instead of going bare legged. Advice (No, Benno, I won't burn them..LOL)? Here's pics of me bare legged with them, sheer (which I like), and fishnets...bear in mind I will be wearing pants to the club with them. Thanks! Scott

post-12454-133522860317_thumb.jpg

post-12454-13352286032_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522860323_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I had thought the reinforced toe of the stockings/tights looked a bit trashy, so 'good taste' demanded they were inappropriate. Moderm fully sheer hose, takes care of that. Next best reason to wear hose, is that the legs wearing them, need it. I personally need bare skin to grip the footwell of a sandal, as does Mrs Freddie. Bearing in mind your legs don't need to be covered (nasty word enters my head), do you want to bother? If you do, they look okay to me. :thumbsup:

Stilettoscott Very nice sandals! I reckon with a bit of sun on those legs you could get away without wearing any stockings easily. Stockings and sandals don't look that bad depending on the type of stocking and the colour, but i've heard also that its a big no no too. They look good with the fishnets too of course! Get some sun and go with the first. Thats just my opinion of course.

Thanks!

I had thought the reinforced toe of the stockings/tights looked a bit trashy, so 'good taste' demanded they were inappropriate. Moderm fully sheer hose, takes care of that.

Duly noted!

Next best reason to wear hose, is that the legs wearing them, need it.

You mean MY pasty white legs? LOL Seriously, with pants, would the skin tone be that important if I was to, say, wear a skirt?

I personally need bare skin to grip the footwell of a sandal, as does Mrs Freddie.

I only find this to be a problem with my pumps; ie foot slipping.

Bearing in mind your legs don't need to be covered (nasty word enters my head), do you want to bother? If you do, they look okay to me. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I like the feel of the stockings over a night of dancing.

I am, however, intrigued by which nsaty word entered your head..LOL

Patent, your opinion always matters to me! :smile:

I am pretty old school, so I would say that the bare look is the best. However, other than saying that you are wearing regular men's clothes, there is little to go on. What I think is regular guy clothes and what you think may be two very different things. If you need to wear nylons for comfort, either option would do. I must agree with Benno that the shoes are not my taste; however considering the context co clubbing, etc. they would be o.k. if you like them. I any case, have fun and enjoy the night out in heels!

Style is built from the ground up!

Scot. If you're gonna wear some heels you're gonna get looked at. It's harder as a man so you must make sure the shoes stand up to harsh scrutiny. I'm a man and I'm on high heel place so I am really cool with men in heels. You are an ambassador for a wonderful, new emerging trend. So give them something great to look at and you know you might just get away with it!

I found all the attached in 5 mins. As you have the wonderful resource of zappos.com over there in the US, I would say you have no excuse.

Best wishes,

Ben

post-9545-133522860327_thumb.jpg

Benno, Well, with that very informative post from ya (Thanks!), there's a lot of things to look/think about indeed! The only thing I think needs mentioning is that, while I do like to see good fashion, and would like to learn and incorperate it for myself, part of my love of heels goes into kinda a "fetish" feel, at times. I guess at the club I am referring to and going to, style would take a backseat to "fantasy" of sorts. Most places I desire to wear heels to are not like this, and wouldn't wear these there. Happyfeat, Thanks! Like said above, this one club I am going to this weekend is more of a "fetish" club, so may be wearing "regular" (in the sense, not styling) and comfortable clothes. So...sun...bare legs? I hope my legs don't turn red...although...I COULD get a nice pair of red clear heeled sandals..LOL

Scot. If you're gonna wear some heels you're gonna get looked at. It's harder as a man so you must make sure the shoes stand up to harsh scrutiny. I'm a man and I'm on high heel place so I am really cool with men in heels. You are an ambassador for a wonderful, new emerging trend. So give them something great to look at and you know you might just get away with it!

I found all the attached in 5 mins. As you have the wonderful resource of zappos.com over there in the US, I would say you have no excuse.

Best wishes,

Ben

Bravo! A very nice selection and of course a well put sentiment regarding each of us being "ambassadors."

Listen to Ben, he won't steer you wrong.

Style is built from the ground up!

Personaly I like the sandals. Just my opinion though. I would go with a tan or nude unreinforced pair of nylons but then that is just me after all check my name; because to me a well dressed pair of legs always looks better.:thumbsup:

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Scott... I loved the shoes. I loved the nude or nyloned look. But I would forget the fishnet stockings. They just looked a little "too different" on you for me. But those do look like cool shoes to wear. That's my two cents worth.