Anklets

Chrissy85

Do any of you girls wear anklets? I'm talking about those oh-so-cute little socks with lace ruffles that end just above the ankle. I love these socks, but they have gotten a bad rap. When we wore them as little girls, everybody thought they were cute; but wear them as an adult, and you get called a slut. I have a couple of pair, but I never wear them out. My favorite pair are opaque white with lace ruffles that are edged in pink. I like wearing them with my pink cotton mini-skirt, white blouse, nude pantyhose and pink pumps. I wear them at home for my b/f, who loves them, but even he doesn't want me wearing them outside. I love these little socks. Why don't people think that they are acceptable for mature girls like me? :thumbsup:

I have, but I have only worn them for fancy dress and at home, never out. Fashion is fickle which is why they're not "accepptable". Anything different is frowned upon or likely to turn heads. Thing is, for as many heads that disapprovingly look, as many will probably think it's cute.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...I will admit.... I do have a few pair stuffed away hidden in a drawer. The last time I think I wore them out, and yes, I will admit it was pretty recently, was to a club one evening. They were a tight woven black fishnet pair with the ruffled ankle top. I wore them with a black skirt and stiletto pumps. Why?..... I have no clue, I had a few drinks, and thought I'd be silly-sexy....if that's such a thing?

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

OK

Why?.....

I have no clue, I had a few drinks, and thought I'd be silly-sexy....if that's such a thing?

Lol, I know what you mean Adeana, I refer to that as being "too sexy".

Sometimes I give in to the impulse to wear something too sexy. usually once, then it takes it's place amongst the others in a box or bag somewhere in the back of my wardrobe.

But honestly, those things.....I think I would feel sexier wearing a band aid on my nose.