Width Conversion

whynotheels

Hi,

I'm trying to get back into a pair of heels. I'm thinking about these:

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-1351-may-i.aspx

The description says nothing about being a wide width. Does anyone have experience with width converstion. I'm a men's 13B thought I usually slosh around in regular width men's because it's just easier to find them. Do you think a 15 regular width lady's would work? I've worn 14 wide and they seemed to push the ending of my feet together until the sides of my feet pushed out.

Thanks,

--WhyNotHeels

Whynotheels... I am sorry I can't help you and you bring up a good point. I have narrow feet and that is why I like trying on my high heels before I buy them. I bought a pair years ago from a mail order house and it didn't specify width. When I got them, they didn't fit (too wide) and I ended up selling them. I hope someone can answer your question.

Hi,

I'm trying to get back into a pair of heels. I'm thinking about these:

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-1351-may-i.aspx

The description says nothing about being a wide width. Does anyone have experience with width converstion. I'm a men's 13B thought I usually slosh around in regular width men's because it's just easier to find them. Do you think a 15 regular width lady's would work? I've worn 14 wide and they seemed to push the ending of my feet together until the sides of my feet pushed out.

Thanks,

--WhyNotHeels

Generally a Womes size medium would correspond to a mens narrow or B. The size number converts from mens to 1.5 to 2 sizes larger in womens depending on the brand and style. Sexy Shoes has a pretty good return/exchange policy so if they don't fit you're only out the time and shipping.

Shrimper, why don't you just call them and ask the customer service operator the question about width and size? First of all, these operators are used to men calling about their stock and are well schooled in size and width conversion. Take their advice and if you find the shoes not to your liking, exchange them of another size or style that you like better. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Shrimper, why don't you just call them and ask the customer service operator the question about width and size? First of all, these operators are used to men calling about their stock and are well schooled in size and width conversion. Take their advice and if you find the shoes not to your liking, exchange them of another size or style that you like better. :thumbsup:

whynotheels thanks you for your response to his question as was mine.

whynotheels thanks you for your response to his question as was mine.

Oppps! :thumbsup: Sorry about that. At anyrate, please redirect this question to whynot heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

DeniseGurl2: I'm glad you think they're cute. It's nice to have the vote of confidence. Shrimper: thanks for the info. Bubba136: calling? Never even thought of that easy and direct solution. What can I say, I guess I think of this forum before all else. I think I'll drop SexyShoes a e-mail and let you know what they say. Thanks to everyone for their replies. --WNH

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon, Well my e-mail went unanswered so I gave Sexy Shoes a phone call at lunch. The May I is a regular width which they say equates to a men's D. I have a day off coming in a couple of weeks. It's in the middle of hte week and my wife will be out of town. If I bought the shoes and broke them in a little before then, it might be a fun day to go heeling in a mini skirt and hose. This is the first day of my purse experiment. I'm sick of loading everything into my pant pockets and rattling when I walk. It's also a great way to curve the lunching out habit --still too shy. Now the question is: do I have enough guts to get my purse out in the office to get my credit card to place the order? --WNH

you can either place your order by telephone, regular mail or email. I have used all three methods over the years and never experienced any difficulty. Always good, quick service. In plain brown paper wrappers, even.