How to wear High Heels Successfully

austin

It is a request to all men who enjoy wearing high heels (like me) to contribute their experiences and expertise regarding How to wear high heels (from men prospective)

Event today so many men don’t know how to wear high heels properly and how to walk gracefully in them. We all know about possible risks involved in wearing high heels (like back pain, problems regarding calve muscles, twisting your ankle etc.) and it is not wise to ignore these problems. Here are few useful and funny pointers for men:

1.Start with lower heels (2 inches) and practice at home. One to two hours daily are more than sufficient. If you prefer to wear heels secretly then choose your place and time carefully, so that nobody can disturb or discover you. If you are worried about the sound (Clank) your heels would make then I suggest nice and loud music would to the trick (you can use radio or stereo system). It is not advisable for beginners to wear stilettos.

2. Always walk heel to toe. Practice until you feel comfortable and confident with your heels. Avoid wearing high heels for long durations. After wearing high heels for more than 2 hrs. walk bare feet for 10mts. or so; It will help you to relax your feet.

3 Select you heels very carefully, you must be comfortable with Size and type of heel you intend to wear and it is always advisable to try the pair before you purchase it. However, if you already have pair of heels that fit you nicely and you are shy to try heels in store then you can take old pair of heels and compare them with your new ones. Your foot arch must match the arch of your heel shoe.

Balancing on heels is tricky business and it depends on how well you practice. If you feel that high heels are not your thing then please don’t wear them. I don’t consider myself expert in high heels. I’ve been wearing high heels for more than 10 years and I wanted to share my views and experience with you. I am not forcing anything on anyone; you are free to decide what’s good for you.

Thank you.

:roll:

its wierd, ive never had any probs doin heels from day one. With new ones i always wear them around the house a bit first. Having sed that, with tiny feet, above 5" without a platform doesnt work for me when out all day. My tips: 1/always buy patent one size bigger cos they dont give. 2/ with new heels, if ure not sure about the comfort, take a second pair of favorite heels in the car so u can change if necessary. 3/ never buy synthetic 4/ if your size is out of stock, tough doo-doos, dont buy smaller cos they'll kill you, too big and you'll trip up 4/ try them on, i always do now, sizes vary, i do 6 or 7 uk depending (about equally) 5/ learn to watch for drains, cobbles, paving gaps, accept u cant run as fast as in trainers (ok what r they now) 6/ dont sit with yr legs wide apart, decorum pls ! 7/ ignore looks and wait for the compliments (you will get them !!) Keep 'em high !!

So, is there a way to walk in them? I've seen vids on YouTube of some men (or women, but rare) that walk in them as if it were their 1st time in them, alot of wobbing, walking with knees bent, etc. Could you explain how to properly walk in them?

Formally "HHDude"

So, is there a way to walk in them?

I've seen vids on YouTube of some men (or women, but rare) that walk in them as if it were their 1st time in them, alot of wobbing, walking with knees bent, etc.

Could you explain how to properly walk in them?

:thumbsup: Hi HighHeelDude

When you wear heels that are too high for you; your knee will bend automatically, your knee will not be able to support you. So if you want to walk properly in high heels then you need to find out the correct heel height (appropriate to you). Now How to do that? Stand on flat surface bare feet and raise your self as high as possible so that you stand on your toes and ball of your (Comfortably) feet now measure the distance between your heel and ground. That would be your correct heel height. If you wear heels that are higher than your calculated heel height you will bend you knees and never be able to walk properly. (Some men are Exceptions) Now remember that girl’s feet are more flexible than men, so they can wear much higher heels than us. The second most important thing is your foot arch; your foot arch must match the arch of the heel (shoe). Choose correct high heel shoes and practice; I am sure if you do this, you would be able to walk like a model one day. Remember appropriate heel high and your foot arch are the key factors that decide how you walk in heels. Always walk heel to toe. You can swing your arms as you walk this will help you balance well on stilettos (Girls always do that)

Austin

Guest Loveshiheels

It not easy finding the correct shoe for your feet, but when you do, you will find it a lot easier to walk in. I find it hard to find good shoes as I shoes in my size and end up buying from the internet. If I do find a shop that sell size 10uk I find that I don,t like those shoes. Like Evens and Barratts have nice shoes in a size 9 but not in size 10.

So, is there a way to walk in them?

I've seen vids on YouTube of some men (or women, but rare) that walk in them as if it were their 1st time in them, alot of wobbing, walking with knees bent, etc.

I think those vid's are of people wearing 'extreme' heels.

I live in the UK with arguably 60 million other people. I'd be surprised if there were more than 60 people here, who could walk in 6in heels for any length of time [more than an hour] with anything like a normal gait. Most 'enthusiasts' will need to keep their knees bent nearly all the time they wear them. I'd expect younger, more flexible legs to cope better too. As has been reported here before, there is a difference between even 5 1/2" heels and 6", and that is especially true as the shoe size gets smaller. Meaning, there may not be enough foot length in a size 4 foot, to actually achieve a 6" heel without it being a 'ballet' style. [Vertical foot].

By the end of this week, I'm hoping to have a pair of 5" inch heels that I'll have paid something like £9 for. I'm going to give them a go streetheeling, and with them only having cost £9, I'm hoping to be a bit cavalier with them outside. I've no idea where yet, as 5" heels are hardly 'all-terrain' shoes for anyone. I've had some 'near-misses' with skids in shopping malls on much lower heels. But I can walk quite normally with these. I can straighten my legs while walking, and stand upright without my legs shaking.....

I do walk reasonably slowly in them though. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

How to wear high heels successfully? Practice, practice, practice. Today I wore a pair of pumps with a 6.5" high heel and a 1.5" platform. I had not worn those high heels for a while. When I first started walking in them, I wobbled like a weeble. I couldn't believe how unsteady I was. I spent the rest of the day in those high heels and even went to the park for a walk in them. You just need to wear them every day and walk in them every day.

Guest Loveshiheels

People who make those how to walk in high heels forget two very simple things. You must have comfortable and well fitting heels. If you heels pinch, to tight or painful to wear, you are going to find it difficult to walk correctly. The other thing is that you need to keep your legs straight and that might mean you need to keep practicing untill your musles start to stretch and your legs become straighter naturally without effort. You should not have to concentrate in keeping your legs straight. Otherwise what happens you look down to see if you got you legs straight and you lose your balance and we all know we don,t walk like that.

From my experiences, the shoe HAS to fit well. Once it does, you'll be able to keep from peeking down, which is a big no-no. Although a muscular man, I have always had good dexterity, and big hips/ass and very strong thighs, which helps. I have been told that I "sway" my hips when I walk naturally, which contrasts my wide shoulders. But, my posture is good, back strong, and I have good balance, which all help, I think. Keep your head up, arch in your back, toes pointed straight, and relax your hips, swaying as you walk. Also, my knees hyper-extend, which I believe also helps in that it takes heels of over 6" (no platform) to have my knees bend while standing. So, I can easily and comfortably walk in 5+" stilettos. I guess I was lucky in that I could do it well from when I was young. Just be careful!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!