photographer

david

hi everyone. i have been trying too take some pics recently in my heels and have been struggling i think some of us have the same problam im wondering if their is any budding amature photogapher between us that would like too take some better photos for me i currantley live in london but can travel kind regards David:wave:

I studied at St. Albans College of Art and Design, and am a City and Guilds qualified photographer.....

Am I in with a chance? :roll:

I'd be very happy to take some photographs of you, your shoes, and you and your shoes. :-? I live close to London, and spend quite a lot of time in and around it. In fact, spent 3 hours in Oxford Street tonight. :o

Well, not sure this is going anywhere?

David was last here yesterday at 2pm <not for the first time in the last 7 days> and the offer to provide some help was made a week ago? :o

Maybe the 'self-timer' function on a camera suffices after all? :roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

If I lived a little bit closer I would be more then happy to take photos and for him to take photos of me wearing my heels. I have found the best way of taking photos of yourself is to buy a tripod and then use the 10 second timer on you camera. I did try taking photos in front of the mirror, but mirror must be completely clean or any smears will show up on the photo.

The self timer function on a digital camera will never substitute for a professional photographer, but will take care of most things. Don't hesitate by waiting for an amateur and unless you are very, very serious, don't wait for the professional either. Just get yourself a 5 megapixel or more digital camera, a storage card of two or more gigabytes, a tripod and you are all set.

It's all about the heel!

I agree with the remarks about the 10 sec timer. It can be a lot of fun to try to make a good picture. In the beginning you may have to take 50 or more pictures before you have one that you are happy with. You have to figure out where to stand exactly so that you are in the picture the way you want to be. You have to get the focus set to where you will be, rather than to the background. Etc. Etc. Then you have to make sure that your pants or other clothes fall properly which in the hurry of getting into position inside the 10 sec is easily forgotten etc. But after a while you get the hang of it and you can make decent pictures. And if you are lucky you get one or two great ones. Of course, an experienced photographer will do all those things right immediately. But (s)he may not tell you how many pictures (s)he had to throw out during learning. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Don't hesitate by waiting for an amateur and unless you are very, very serious, don't wait for the professional either.

"Sieze the moment" is good advice in any circumstance. :o

Here are a couple of examples of what you can expect with a not gifted amateur. [aka wife.]

Picture one shows one of the originals taken by herself. Even with looking at it on the computer screen, she missed the half open/half closed car window. (Bless her.)

Picture two shows an 'edited' version of a similar picture, taken at the same time. "Post Production" editing, removing the (to my eye anyway) glaring error. :roll:

Both pictures, of perhaps 15 (together with some video footage) were all taken at Bluewater with the specific purpose of posting here, to illustrate what 4" heels can look like in public.

"Invisible" is the phrase that spings to mind? :-?

post-10780-133522857661_thumb.jpg

post-10780-13352285767_thumb.jpg

For last year's " legs contest" I made my pictures with a Nikon D80 DSLR on tripod and fired the thing with an infra-red remote control. In " manual" mode the focus was preset. The camera also accepts an (electric) cable release, but the cord is only about 1 m long. Both work great.

Another idea, fastfreddy, is to use the camera sideways so that you get full length without all of the side stuff that you are not interested in (portrait style). Of course, if you are doing a lying down pose, then you want that sideways (landscape) style.

It's all about the heel!

Another idea, fastfreddy, is to use the camera sideways so that you get full length without all of the side stuff that you are not interested in (portrait style). Of course, if you are doing a lying down pose, then you want that sideways (landscape) style.

Hi BK. :roll:

Thanks for the helpful advice, but you are circa 20 years too late to offer me these guidelines, (though they may be useful to others). :D

I studied at St. Albans College of Art and Design, and am a City and Guilds qualified photographer.....

The photographs submitted here, were taken by my wife who, if evidence be believed, struggles to even point a camera accurately. :-?

As for my own skill levels, I've just <literally> said goodbye to my Bar owning (best) mate, who was subjected to a 20 minute lecture on using his new Fuji 5700.

This included the use of shutter priority mode to take action shots of his eldest while playing football. How to tell if there is enough ambient light for this mode, and what to do if there isn't. Sadly, none of it sank in.... :o

For taking pictures of people outdoors, a 50mm lens with a small f-stop will usually create the effect the fashion industry usually respects as professional outdoor photography (blurred background, clear subject). HERE is an example of a picture I took in Soho. (you might have to click the picture to fully enlarge it) Aperture Priority Mode, f1.4, ISO 500, Canon 50mm lens...

For general photography tips, I enjoy visiting Philip Dunn's blogspot

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.