hairy legs

peterw

I have a couple of pairs of heels and have been wearing them at home for a couple of months. I have taken some photos of me in the heels but dont like them due to my male hairy legs. i have tried dark stockings to hide the hairs but prefer the feel of bare feet in heels. i have tried shaving but it is a real mess when the hairs start to grow back - besides my legs are really pasty and look so pale on the photos and should i dare to venture out in them there would be a real flash of white should my trouser leg ride up. i could do with a bit of advice please, perhaps on the best way to remove some leg hair and how to make my legs look better for some photos. thanks peter

Peter: I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and get the hair removal cream (Nair, Veet, etc.) Otherwise, it's time for the hot wax. If you go with the cream, BE CAREFUL and read the directions completely. They really mean what they say when it says to remove the cream within 10 minutes - especially if you have sensitive skin. You can give yourself a skin burn. Dan

Personally I use one of these epilator machines. The first time is a bit painful, especially on long hairs. But after you do this for a while it becomes only a little irritating. The exception is the hairs on the toes. They remain a bit painful. In the beginning the best is every few days, but after a while fewer and fewer hairs grow back and the ones that grow back become thinner. Now I do it on average every two weeks and my wife does it even less frequently. The only real problem is 'ingrown hairs'. Some hairs may grow back but not make it through the top layer of your skin. They continue flat under the skin. You can see that and the best way to deal with them is with a fine needle: just get under the middle of such a hair and lift it out. Completely painless. It is easier if you have a partner who helps you with the ingrown hairs on the back of your upper legs. Don't use an epilator under your arms. My wife tells me that ingrown hairs there can cause quite a mess and in the worst case infections. It is also rather painful to use in the really sensitive spots..... Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I'm with Yozz, I use an epilator. My hair grows back way too quickly shaving, and when it starts to grow back it snags my pants and gets irritated. The ingrown hairs I sometimes have to pluck with tweezers. If you do try the epilator, shave first and try it when it's visible again, because it doesn't work well (and hurts) when it's really long. Since I've been using it the hairs grow back finer, and aren't as hard to pluck with the epilator. They don't grow back as quickly this way. I've tried Nair, but it's very messy and smelly, and my hair was too thick for it to work in the recommended time. Lots of hair was left, and I was afraid to leave it on longer than what was recommended.

That's right about the Nair, etc. radiodave. Besides, many people get reactions from the chemicals. I also tried the epilator but it was a lot of work, extremely tedious and not great in the results department. I would do laser and get rid of it all once and for all but the costs is a bit prohibitive at this point.

It's all about the heel!

For the results department you should have a bit of patience. In the beginning you have to do it every few days and you wonder how they can grow so fast. But after a while (a few months) you will notice that there are far fewer hairs and they are thinner, hence you notice them less. I am doing this now for a few years and even when I skip a few weeks you hardly notice what has grown back. With shaving it works the opposite way: the hairs start to grow more. The pain is a one time investment. The second time it is already much less. And shaving the very first time and waiting a few days may be the better solution. And what is a little bit of pain to feel great afterwards. Let us not be sissies ****ducks to avoid some objects****. And women do it all the time. There is a dutch saying "wie mooi wil zijn moet pijn lijden" which translates into: if you want to be beautiful you have to suffer.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.