Best Deal on a pair of Shoes or Boots

Dan J

In reference to Stockw's thread on the most expensive shoes ever bought or received, I'll offer the following:

What was the best deal on a pair of shoes or boots you ever bought or were given, either percentage or amount?

I'll go first: Years ago, there was a boot brand called "Zodiac", that I'm sure many on this site are familiar with. As a Valentine's Day gift to my spouce, by pure chance, instead of the usual chocolates, etc., I found a pair of OTK, all-suede leather, 4" heel, then-regularly priced at $105, on-sale at $35. I could not pass this up. I was not sure she would even like the boots - she loved them, I and loved seeing her in them.

She got more than only the boots, by the way.;)

Dan

The best deal? While I've been the recipient of really nice shoes purchased for me by my wife at "End of the Season" sales, it is she that has gotten the best deal I've ever heard of. One day, while she was shopping with her sister in the city of Charlotte, NC, they went into a department store at one of the larger malls in the city that was having a "Grand Clean-out" of all of the past winter's stuff. She found a pair of very elegant calf-high boots with 3" stiletto heels. Really wonderful quality. It was the price that really got her attention, though. $25 for a pair of boots originally priced at $175. She tried them on and they were a comfortable fit. When she went to pay for them the clerk began adding discounts, additional markdowns and other incentives, the price was $10. When her sister handed the cashier another incentive card for $15 that someone had given to her, the store wound up paying my wife $2 (after taxes) to buy the boots. When people comment to her about them, she describes them as "her boots that she was paid to buy" LOL (With my taste, I should be so lucky - (I'm still lusting over a pair of Clichys by Christian Louboutin, ;)))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.