Hot Rod's

Billyb gave me an idea for something new to chat about. Here you can post your pride and joy and tell us a little about it. (time to bragg a little);) 1980 Silverado 1/2 ton 2 wl dr. Restored from the ground up. Enging: Fully blown chev BIG block 402 Power trac possive rear end, 350 turbo trans w/shit kit 2200-2400 stall conv. Flowmaster mufflers w/ dyno max ceremic headers and one kick ass sound system! YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!

post-3305-133522855347_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522855348_thumb.jpg

post-3305-13352285535_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Billyb gave me an idea for something new to chat about.

Here you can post your pride and joy and tell us a little about it.

(time to bragg a little):wave:

1980 Silverado 1/2 ton 2 wl dr. Restored from the ground up.

Enging: Fully blown chev BIG block 402

Power trac possive rear end, 350 turbo trans w/shit kit

2200-2400 stall conv. Flowmaster mufflers w/ dyno max ceremic headers and one kick ass sound system! YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!

Nice looking pick-em-up. ;) Of course with a big block 402, yer gonna need a second mortgage just to gas that baby up and drive around the block. :cool1: Have you got a custom tarp for the bed?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Not a hot rod but certainly my pride and joy. A stock '05 Cavalier that I bought new in Aug '04. The day I picked it up it had just 32 clicks on it and that was from me test driving. This car has seen the worst of Canadian weather and has gotten me home every time. I plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off. post-10857-133522855409_thumb.jpg Sharp truck Johnieheel.

Nice looking pick-em-up. ;) Of course with a big block 402, yer gonna need a second mortgage just to gas that baby up and drive around the block. :cool1: Have you got a custom tarp for the bed?

Bed has a low profile custom fiverglass cap.

Not a hot rod but certainly my pride and joy. A stock '05 Cavalier that I bought new in Aug '04. The day I picked it up it had just 32 clicks on it and that was from me test driving. This car has seen the worst of Canadian weather and has gotten me home every time. I plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off.

[ATTACH]1765[/ATTACH]

Sharp truck Johnieheel.

It's quite apparent that you love it. I love that color and you keep it looking good. I know how hard it is to keep a vehicle looking that good in weather.

NICE!

real men wear heels

My play toy is a 1989 Harley FXR that has been customized I converted the front forks to a heritage wide glide also a heritage rear fender and a fatbob fuel tank then in 04 I changed engines and installed a black and chrome 1550cc(96ci) engine and a baker 6 speed trans. The engine has Harley's Screaming Eagle cams and ignition system and Sampson Big Gun street sweeper exhaust and the custom paint job was designed by my wife.

post-10394-133522855416_thumb.jpg

Not much of a hot rod, but a fun little sports car that I'm proud of. It's a 1977 MG Midget. I bought this from a friend after it had sat unused in his garage for nearly 20 years. It took lots of work to get it back to running order, but there's little rust, the convertible top is in great shape, and it only had 28,000 miles on it. Most of the work was fixing lots of stuck parts and dried out rubber, but it had some problems that had led to it sitting unused for so long that needed to be fixed. It's been an ongoing project to restore it, but it's a blast to drive, like driving a big go-kart. Certainly a tiny car; it weighs 1800 pounds, it's 11 feet long to the tips of the bumpers, and 4.5 feet wide at the tips of the mirrors! ;)

post-2079-133522855423_thumb.jpg

My play toy is a 1989 Harley FXR that has been customized I converted the front forks to a heritage wide glide also a heritage rear fender and a fatbob fuel tank then in 04 I changed engines and installed a black and chrome 1550cc(96ci) engine and a baker 6 speed trans. The engine has Harley's Screaming Eagle cams and ignition system and Sampson Big Gun street sweeper exhaust and the custom paint job was designed by my wife.

Now that is something to show off my friend. I was raised around Harley's and love everything about them. Awesome scooter! Really gives you a rush when your out riding and people just can't stop looking huh.

I know when I'm at a stop light and I feel the torque under my foot and the rumble of that big cam, my heart starts to skip and the adrenaline starts to take off. It's great!

real men wear heels

Not much of a hot rod, but a fun little sports car that I'm proud of. It's a 1977 MG Midget. I bought this from a friend after it had sat unused in his garage for nearly 20 years. It took lots of work to get it back to running order, but there's little rust, the convertible top is in great shape, and it only had 28,000 miles on it. Most of the work was fixing lots of stuck parts and dried out rubber, but it had some problems that had led to it sitting unused for so long that needed to be fixed. It's been an ongoing project to restore it, but it's a blast to drive, like driving a big go-kart. Certainly a tiny car; it weighs 1800 pounds, it's 11 feet long to the tips of the bumpers, and 4.5 feet wide at the tips of the mirrors! ;)

Nice radiodave! I had a TR-4A when I was in high school. It was dark green and a 1966 rag top with spoke wheels. I wish I still had it. I am a big fan of sports cars. My older brother had an austin heely. Not sure of the spelling but it to was a 60's model I believe. (yellow) You have done a fantastic job on your little red toy. Be proud of it! I love it!

real men wear heels

Nice radiodave! I had a TR-4A when I was in high school. It was dark green and a 1966 rag top with spoke wheels. I wish I still had it. I am a big fan of sports cars. My older brother had an austin heely. Not sure of the spelling but it to was a 60's model I believe. (yellow) You have done a fantastic job on your little red toy. Be proud of it! I love it!

Mine was red. (Zooooooom)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sweet! I like the look of the TR-4A. So I guess you're also familiar with the Lucas, the prince of darkness. LOL I think if I found an MGA someday I'd love to get one, but the Midget is still a fun project car. I got to ride in an MGB-GT once when I was a teenager and knew I had to get a little British car someday. I just happened to be talking with my friend one day, not knowing he had this one, and when I mentioned I'd like to find one, he offered his on the spot. It had quit running on him one day, and he just never got around to fixing it. He couldn't bear to see it go to waste or get junked, but was hoping he'd find someone who would be able to resurrect it. Lucky for both of us and the little car!

Nice work on your truck! Sounds like you can lay down some rubber with that. Looks pretty good too! ;)

Radiodave; Like Guy N Heels said. I'm going to have to take out a second morgage just for gas and that doesn't cover rubber.LOL BTW, didn't you just break off a marrage? You doing OK?

real men wear heels

Radiodave; Like Guy N Heels said. I'm going to have to take out a second morgage just for gas and that doesn't cover rubber.LOL

BTW, didn't you just break off a marrage? You doing OK?

Yes, I'm OK. We're still best friends and that's not likely to change anytime soon. We haven't set a date to do the official split. She's been helping me find a new home, and I've already got a contract on a nice townhouse. Assuming no problems, I'll take possession in a month, and it will be much closer to where I work. The in-laws have offered to help move, and they would like to remain friends too.

Hey Johnieheel just looking at some of your pictures I thought you might have some biker blood running through you. I remember by middle sisters husban had just shipped to Vietnam this was in the late 60's and he left a 50's something Harley in my dad's shop. This old thing had the suicide shifter and from that day on I was in love with Harley's. Growing up my mom was always working as a office manager and wore heels everyday and then two sisters who were older and they always had heels around so I was fasinated with heels and with a dad who was into car and boat racing I also loved anything that went fast, talk about a screwy child hood I was a high heel loving speed demon. Come to think of it not much has changed today.

Yes, I'm OK. We're still best friends and that's not likely to change anytime soon. We haven't set a date to do the official split. She's been helping me find a new home, and I've already got a contract on a nice townhouse. Assuming no problems, I'll take possession in a month, and it will be much closer to where I work. The in-laws have offered to help move, and they would like to remain friends too.

Thats good to hear radiodave. Glad to see everything is going to be OK.

real men wear heels

Hey Johnieheel just looking at some of your pictures I thought you might have some biker blood running through you. I remember by middle sisters husban had just shipped to Vietnam this was in the late 60's and he left a 50's something Harley in my dad's shop. This old thing had the suicide shifter and from that day on I was in love with Harley's. Growing up my mom was always working as a office manager and wore heels everyday and then two sisters who were older and they always had heels around so I was fasinated with heels and with a dad who was into car and boat racing I also loved anything that went fast, talk about a screwy child hood I was a high heel loving speed demon. Come to think of it not much has changed today.

I remember my first ride on my dads pan head. It was on the gas tank. I was only 4 and will never forget the rumble and the feel under my little butt of that old Harley. Although I don't own one now, I have had a few in the past. Maby in the next year or two wife and I will have matching scooters for our matching heels.;)

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...