When is a wedge not a wedge?

euchrid

Can anyone guess what is wrong with this eBay Sellers' item description?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/black-leather-ankle-wedge-boots-size-UK7-EUR-40-BNWB_W0QQitemZ200206478144QQihZ010QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Joking aside, some hunting around on eBay for mis-advertised items can score great dividends.

I recently won a brand new £45 pair of KIT knee boots for £3 !!!

Marvellous! The reason I got them so cheap was because the seller

a) spelt Stiletto as 'Stilletto'

:cool1: didn't bother to fill out any of the Item Specifics drop-down boxes

that meant the boots didn't appear in the majority of searches.

Their errors = my gain ;)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I know what you mean Euchrid. I bought the attached pink Louboutin shoes for £11 on ebay a couple of years ago. They were spelt something like Labotin. I gave them too my girlfriend on holiday in Greece as good shoes to mess about in. They got a little ruined on the rocky dirt tracks, but that was the whole point. We were trying to take photos to make her look like she was in a retro 80s cigarette advert. I have also bought some 5" Giuseppe Zanotti shoes brand new that RRP at $600 for £55. The best bargain has to be the black with pink snakeskin fan detail Gina stilettos that were advertised as 'Designer Shoes' with no gallery photo on ebay. They were £1.25 plus £3 P&P. Go and search. Ben

post-9545-133522854607_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522854619_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522854631_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean Euchrid. I bought the attached pink Louboutin shoes for £11 on ebay a couple of years ago. They were spelt something like Labotin. I gave them too my girlfriend on holiday in Greece as good shoes to mess about in. They got a little ruined on the rocky dirt tracks, but that was the whole point. We were trying to take photos to make her look like she was in a retro 80s cigarette advert.

Ben

If there's a 'naughty corner' in your house, I hope you're sitting on it. ;)

Couldn't you have wrecked some Asda shoes instead? :cool1:

If there's a 'naughty corner' in your house, I hope you're sitting on it. ;)

Couldn't you have wrecked some Asda shoes instead? :cool1:

My Girlfriend and I don't buy cheap shoes!

If they had been nasty Adsa shoes I wouldn't have bought them in the 1st place. That was the whole point. Louboutins on a dirty rocky road.

Thanks

Ben

• 2 years later...