Dont You Just Hate It!?

LailaLily

OH MY GOD..Dont you just hate it if lets say you were shopping for a pump, and you find the perfect pair...but there is something on it that ruins the whole shoe..maybe tacky beading or a flower...you just get ticked off...because you know if it didnt have that..you would but it. I found this really nice shoe...it was very pricey but it would of been worth it if it wasnt for that tacky extra strap that made it look hideous! I mean...dont you just hate it when there is a nice heel u like..but it gets ruined by something on it..whether its bright pink when it would look better black but the store doesnt carry black...or it has a huge ugly flower on it (thats another thing...i think flowers belong in gardens and bouqets..NOT on shoes) or a huge buckle ruins it.............im soooo ticked off because it was a really nice shoe without that tasteless "decoration" any stories?

I know what you mean. I am incredibly picky about the shoes I buy - mostly because I can't justify paying for something that doesn't get worn out of the house much (if at all) unless I REALLY love them. I've gone months without buying another pair of shoes just because I can't find something that I like.

it drives me nuts. i love to buy my wife shoes.. but i also know some things are just too hideous for use.. or that others will turn her off. so sometimes.. it's a royal pain in the butt to finally find a shoe she likes. sometimes it takes months of shopping around (both online and in stores). but the look on her face makes it so worth it! RPM

Yeah, I have seen some shoes I would have liked but for one silly decoration. Sometimes it's just a pattern which spoils an otherwise great shoe.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Absolutely.... It happens quite a bit... I'll see a great pair of boots, but they will have some kind of pattern (rhinestones and whatnot) and I just go "awww, damn!"..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 1 month later...

It's not the designer or the manufacturer it's the buyer who makes the decision about the colours and styles the shop is going to stock. The manufacturer will offer them in all the colours and stylings imaginable in the hope that the buyer will take one of them... My pet hate is when you see a shoe (or a boot in particular) which is perfect but it's ruined by the fact that they don't do them in a size 9 (UK)...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I agree with Laila Lilly and Dr. Shoe. I'll find something that seems perfect but then it will have some ultra feminie decoration (flower,beading, etc...) which as a guy in heels only brings attention at the wrong places. Not that all decoration feminine or otherwise is not appreciated it just isn't always practical. But the most annoying thing is to find a shoe you would love to have and the store only goes to a US 10 or 11 and I take a 12w. Rats!

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel