High heels at work

DDWW

Yesterday was kinda fun and funny in some parts, as I decided to wear my Moda Spana slingbacks to work since it was a slow day, and under jeans, they look like ivory-coloured boots. The sad part is the footbed lining is very weak and started to curl up during the day, so when I took them off at night, they started to separate inside (this is that lining that your foot is on top of - kinda like the pre-made insole) - rather disappointing for a brand that's supposedly good fashion, but oh well - they still wear well.

For the first time in over 5 months, last night, one of my friends asked me if I was wearing "girlie shoes", which I kinda had to chuckle to, as I told her I always wear heels. I guess the slightly narrower toebox kinda made her think twice. After that night, I realized they're not the most comfortable pair for long endurance anyway, so I'll just leave them in the weekend section. I'm working on acquiring some better boots soon anyway. You never know what works and what doesn't unless you experiment. I did buy some kick-butt 2 1/2" mary-janes from Payless for my weekend outings too, which were way too cute to pass up!

Does it dissuade me from wearing what I like? HECK NO - why should it? Why am I writing about it? I thought it was kind of funny. So it's back to my usual black 4-inchers, and thinking about when my 3D render finally finishes (it's at 80% after 24 hours, but it's a big frickin' print).

Okay, shameless self-plug here, but it's totally safe - it's art!

My 2009 calendar will be getting done either this month or next, so I'll post a direct link once it's done. For now, I have other stuff on my site at http://www.cafepress.com/sqpalace

Not much else new going on, so time to go get ready for yet another exciting day - heh - yeah, right. Glad I have some good books to read. *grin*

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic