High heels at work

DDWW

Today I decided to up the ante just a touch, and picked out my nice velvet chinese dragon shirt to go with my blank wedge ankle boots, and show off my nails as well. I got a TON of compliments on the shirt, and not one person said anything about the boots. I decided to take a chance and ask MY supervisor if she thought everything looked good on me. She said everything looked really nice, and I asked if she thought anyone would have an issue with my boots. I showed her the wedge heel, and she said that if I'm going to be wearing heels, then these are the perfect onese to go with as they don't draw a lot of attention. I got the thumbs-up!!!!! OMG!!!! I score this as a MAJOR WIN for me. Guess these wedgies are gonna get a LOT of use after all!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought this pair from eBay, and I asked one of my colleagues what she thought. She didn't see any problem with them, and may be able to get away with them as well. I guess we'll see when they get here.

attachment

Don't know how I missed th epicture of your boots first time around, but they're pretty similar to the ones I wear out. [To Watford ASDA last night.]

post-10780-133522857645_thumb.jpg

Don't know how I missed th epicture of your boots first time around, but they're pretty similar to the ones I wear out. [To Watford ASDA last night.]

Those look very comfortable. I'm guessing they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Those look very comfortable. I'm guessing they are.

They are indeed. :D

Worn this pair so much they fit like they were made for me. :-?

They're also wife 'agreeable' too. :o If we are out away from our home town, or out in the evening, they're so discreet she is not concerned about me wearing them while I'm with her. Result! :roll:

I started wearing heels everywhere including work a couple of years ago. I have been surprised by the lack of comments. I do go to some effort to conceal them by wearing extra long pants which cover the heel but they are still somewhat visible when walking and obviously are visible when sitting as the pants ride up. I started wearing them as a last resort to help with chronic lower back pain. They work wonders. Because I am a already 6" without shoes on I think most people that I saw daily noticed quickly that I was now almost 6"4, but I only had a couple of my staff at work make any comments. My Boss and everyone else at my work have never made any comments. I was surprised as I would have expected a couple of questions. I'll try and post some photos of the boots I wear. The first ones I wore for the first year or so had a 3.5" block heel with a rounded toe. I then got a pair with a almost 4.5" blade heel with a square toe. Recently I bought a pair with a 5" stilletto heel and square toe. I haven't worn them to work. I only wore them out to the shops once before I sprained my ankle badly while doing some rock climbing. So I have been in flats for the last few weeks and really looking forward to getting back into heels.

Welcome to the website, Smokey. There are several of us who wear some type of high heeled footwear to work. I mainly wear men's boots with a 3" heel, whether they be dress ankle boots or cowboy boots. Away from work I wear 4" and 5" stiletto high heels both privately and publicly. It sounds like you wear a very high heeled shoe to work and for that, I applaud you. It is great you're not hearing any comments about it either. Good to hear from you and keep us posted concerning your heeling.

For the last two month I have been wearing a pair of harness boots with a 3 1\2" stacked heel two to three times a week and no one has said a word I noticed when walking that these boots are not as loud as my cowboy boots with the 3" rideing heel. On the days that I don't wear the heeled boots I sometimes will wear one of my 4" heeled pumps while driving to work a 37 mile trip one way, well yesterday I was wearing pair of black slacks and black trouser socks and a pair of black pumps I had just parked and was about to change into a pair of cowboy boots when one of my coworkers parked next too me and got out of his car and stood there waiting on me :roll: and I knew he would see me changing so I figured oh what the hell and got out of my truck with the pumps on and he never noticed and we walked into our building and as we walked to our office on a tile floor I realized that my stilleto heel was not as loud as his loafers:w00t2: I wore the shoes all day walked to the break room a few time to get coffee went to lunch and no one seemed to notice, it was not untill the end of the day when I was walking past the AR department when one of the girls that works there called me over now she knows I love heels and is always showing off her heels to me, so I walk over to her cube and she says are you wearing what I think you are wearing a pair of pumps she then pulls one pant leg up and said this is ware the pant should be to show off your shoes and then smiled at me and then said I think it looks cool. She also told me that she also knew that I was wearing the heeled boots and went on to say that she was impressed that I could walk in heels she said I wont say anything but don't stop waering the heels as she liked watching me walk by. UMM

Hi all, I was called into my manager's office this afternoon for an informal meeting. As I've taken the plunge over the last two weeks and been coming to work in a skirt 'cos it's been so warm I was half-expecting it at some point. I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I had the full support not only of the management of the library, where I work, but of the University as a whole, and if I was the recipient of any negative comments or abuse from either colleagues or library users, they wanted to hear about it. I've been wearing heeled boots and court-shoes to work for ages, but apart from weekend working, with bifurcated legwear. Wearing a skirt and/or heels out and about or when working at weekends has never been an issue, and my colleagues have always been supportive and encourageing. This has all been quite a revelation, learning of my employer's very enlightened atttudes. I wish we could all enjoy such freedoms and the support of our employers. I know I'm fortunate. Best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

I started wearing heels everywhere including work a couple of years ago. I have been surprised by the lack of comments. I do go to some effort to conceal them by wearing extra long pants which cover the heel but they are still somewhat visible when walking and obviously are visible when sitting as the pants ride up.

....... I think most people that I saw daily noticed quickly that I was now almost 6"4, but I only had a couple of my staff at work make any comments. My Boss and everyone else at my work have never made any comments. I was surprised as I would have expected a couple of questions.

we walked into our building and as we walked to our office on a tile floor I realized that my stilleto heel was not as loud as his loafers:w00t2: I wore the shoes all day walked to the break room a few time to get coffee went to lunch and no one seemed to notice, it was not untill the end of the day when I was walking past the AR department when one of the girls that works there called me over now she knows I love heels and is always showing off her heels to me, so I walk over to her cube and she says are you wearing what I think you are wearing a pair of pumps she then pulls one pant leg up and said this is ware the pant should be to show off your shoes and then smiled at me and then said I think it looks cool. She also told me that she also knew that I was wearing the heeled boots and went on to say that she was impressed that I could walk in heels she said I wont say anything but don't stop waering the heels as she liked watching me walk by. UMM

I was pleasantly surprised to be told that I had the full support not only of the management of the library, where I work, but of the University as a whole, and if I was the recipient of any negative comments or abuse from either colleagues or library users, they wanted to hear about it.

I wish we could all enjoy such freedoms and the support of our employers. I know I'm fortunate.

Best wishes,

Tosca

These are warming stories, "Bravo" to all of you. :roll:

I don't know what it is that gives you all (everyone who wears heels to work) the courage, but I hope one day I find out what it is.......

Keep up the good "work". :-? And keep the updates coming. :o

I've been wearing heels in work for more than 6 months now and also got called into the office with the bosses as i had worn a skirt. They were very supportive but I'm still uncomfortable with the guys in the office so not sure if i'll be in skirt again - although much better in this warmer weather. I often wear sensible fem tops and haven't had any problems I have some dealings with clients and haven't had any -ve comments with being in heels yet. The girls in work have been great support.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I got these shoes for work. They are nothing extravigent as I dont think my work would accept anything to crazy but they do have a 2 1/2" wedge hidden in them. Just a way to get by without being to noticed. I also figure this is a good way to "Ease" my girlfriend into my wearing which should help since she is a good few inches taller than me.

Posted Image

I wore these today under my dark Venezia flare jeans, and they looked totally natural. These are the highest "conservative" (read: non-stiletto) heel boots I have, and are ever so comfy! I walked past and talked with managers and co-workers alike, and not a word was said!

Then again, they may be paying more attention to my long, painted fingernails than anything else...hee hee hee.

Here is a link to the style:

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-146-baby-doll-granny-boot.aspx

Excellent choice. My choice for work; Bastad clogs; at 2.75' heel, they begin to qualify as hh, but nobody has ever been critical of them; I only wish that I could find another pair in the "penny-loafer" style. Mine look good, but are stretched from thousands of hours of use. I keep watching ebay for low-hour replacements. I do have them in several other styes.

Thank you! It's amazing how little impact it's had on others, and how much better it makes me feel. I'm sure they believe that since it's had no negative impact on my performance that they're just leaving well enough alone. It's caused me to want to improve my whole wardrobe, so it's definitely had a lot of good results.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in an office as well, so most of the time, my heels are under my desk. I've gotten good enough at walking in them that they draw very little attention when I need to go about.

I have only truly street heeled away from the office unfortunately, and that was a relatively recent thing for me (this past year). In the office, I do specifically pick casual men's boots that have the highest heel I can find them (which is usually 1.5-2"), and I make sure they have some adjustment room so that I can add a lift inside, this brings me to 3-4" inches safely wearing a very conservative looking shoe. I know its cheating, but I don't want to risk blowing it at a job that is solid, pays well and where I have been for almost 10 years now.

I wore these today under my dark Venezia flare jeans, and they looked totally natural. These are the highest "conservative" (read: non-stiletto) heel boots I have, and are ever so comfy! I walked past and talked with managers and co-workers alike, and not a word was said!

Then again, they may be paying more attention to my long, painted fingernails than anything else...hee hee hee.

Here is a link to the style:

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-146-baby-doll-granny-boot.aspx

Those look so great and I'll bet they are really comfortable. I definitely would wear a pair of those to work. Thank you for sharing the photo and weblink.

I have worn heels to work in settings where I meet with employees at a conference table. I did wear a pair of loafers with 2-inch heels in an office where I walked around quite a bit on hard floors making it rather obvious that I was wearing heels. In another office I wore a pair of mules with 2-inch block heels and got some looks of disbelief. With each time that I wear heels at work, I try to get more daring with the shoes I wear. I currently own nearly 60 pairs of women's shoes.

It's a bit of a guess as to what is acceptable or not, but what's funny is that some "typical mens shoes" give that clicking sound much like stilettos too, so sometimes that draws their gaze as well. I would say test the water first, and then incrementally up the ante until you reach your comfort zone, and then stop. When wearing heels in any work environment, always always always look at the overall picture to make sure you like it, and don't wear daring heels just to be different. It's something you want to make part of your everyday wardrobe, and not have anyone think it's anything but that. In my case, the 4" ankle boots are about the pinnacle of what I feel I can achieve safely, and still look classy about it, so that's where I've stopped. As many have said.....co-ordination is key here.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, still heeling in the office after all this time, and have 3 different pairs of 4" heels that I can successfully wear under my jeans, so now I'm combing around looking for other non-stiletto high heels that I can integrate into my outfits, since the jeans cover most of the shoe/boot anyway. Today is my white/off white day today, so it's blue jeans with a white mock turtleneck, platinum nails, and my 4" Moda Spana heels (off-white). As they say....coordinate coordinate coordinate. that's the ticket all the way.

So far, I've done the blue/white thing a couple of times now, and no one seems to mind the slightest. I do love the Moda Spanas the most because they still look a tiny bit discreet under jeans, yet feel wonderful. I think for me, the thicker high heels work the best.