An interesting occurrence!

Bootking

My wife is not a fan of my wearing women's footwear by any means, although she tolerates it somewhat at home. She does not want to see it in the car, out in the street, etc. etc. and makes it quite clear how she feels about it. So, in the interest of not having major marriage problems (and getting my jollies at home in boots) I don't push the outside stuff.

We were at an out of state outlet mall and walked into Nine West. She started to look at the pumps and I gravitated to the boots (my passion) and looked for my size (US 11 or 12). The first boots were between ankle and calf height, probably 4" stiletto heel, black leather and very smart looking. Well they had a pair of Size 11 and on sale for $29.95! There were no tall ones that I liked in my size. She settled on a pair of blue open toe pumps and I kept looking at the boots. She said that I should buy them for her and admire her in them; I said that you already have two Victoria Secret pairs just like that, one with two buckles and straps on the shaft and one without so that made no sense AND they didn't have her size in these either! I told her I was going to buy the boots and she said no, I said yes and finally she let me buy them even though she wasn't happy about it! So, I bought the 7.5 pumps for her and the 11 boots for me. The salesgirl just rang them up with not a word or expression out of the way. She was concerned about the girl and I told her that I'm sure that she didn't care, didn't know whether the boots were for me, for some woman relative or whatever.

My wife and I had some discussions about it after (I kissed her for letting me buy them with her) but she doesn't understand it and she is perplexed about it. I simply told her that I've had this fetish since I was around 10 or so, it doesn't go away, you can't fix it, etc. etc. But the end result is that I had my jollies in my new pointy stiletto leather boots!

It's all about the heel!

to bootking. my soh had reservations about my shoe wearing. We have had many chats on the subject, and I now wears heels on a daily basis. The unexpected then happened, she read a few threads on this site, and has now registered in her own right!. She has not posted yet, but hey!, this is progress. to johnieheel. sound advice as always, we have made a great leap forward, and I feel slightly selfish for pushing things, but our future needs understanding, and that is a two-way path.

totter along into history

I don't know about anyone else but I tried to stop wearing else as a demand of my first wife. She said I belonged in a mental institution. She could not handle it and even quit wearing heels herself. We part ways for that any many other things. Point is I tried to quit and just ending up hiding it from her to avoid arguments and that left me very unsatisified with my life and my relationship. Please to everyone here, you are who you are and you will not change. If your partner cannot accept you for who you are then they do not Love you the way they should. I did not find this out until I met a woman who knows how to Love her man and everything that he is. Whether she understands it or not she embraces it. Think about that.

How so true derf. You cannot change what or who you are, EVER! so it's best to be right up front with it and live happly ever after. If you haven't been up front and waited till its to late, all I can say is "good luck."

real men wear heels

I too want to back up what derf said. I haven't been wearing heels openly for very long, only about the last 2 years. But I knew it wasn't something I wanted to hide from a person I was to spend my life with. But sometimes it's thoughts like "it'll be harder to meet someone if I wear my heels openly" (etc.) that makes us keep it hidden. But I decided that I needed to be open about it. So when I got to know ppl I tried to bring it up inconversation, if they accepted my choices, great! If they didn't, then they were prolly ppl I wouldn't enjoy being around anyway. And one of those ppl who accepted it turned out to be my gf. And those of you who have someone that you share such an amazing undiscribable bond with know what I'm talking about when I say we (that is her and I) know we'll be together for as long as we can help it. And the only factor my heels are in our relationship is a regular taste in fashion for both of us, it's not a problem at all. Heels aren't the only thing we have in common. Other stuff I'm not going to get into here, but it made it even more of a miricale I found someone so compatible in every way. She's a real gem, and I treasure her everyday. So basicly my point is (one that's been said multiple times on this site) If yer looking for a life partner, don't hide your heels! It's a part of you like anything else you enjoy, so be open and you'll find that person who's right for you. I did, and in a town of only 20,000 ppl.

i totally agree, my wife when first knew about my heel wearing freaked out completely, but we talked it over, and i bought books on crossdressing as well as browsed a lot in the internet looking for a better undestanding, so as to how to explain her what the process was and what to expect from it, when i came to find this forum, on one hand it made me feel like home, i mean finally i could share my expiriences with people who would really understand me, and on the other hand, i also invited my wife to check the forum so she could see for herself that i wasn't the only male in the world loving heels, and with all that information little by little it became a part of our life, now i've finally been able of using them in public places with her support, so i guess that you should be true to yourself and be proud by the way.

• 2 months later...

Does she know you come here? If so, have her read some of my and others posts who wear our heels in public all the time. If not, just take it slow and don't push it.

Great words, Johnie, and all who have contributed to this thread. Be honest, don't press, respect each others thoughts, feelings, and opinions, and above all be true to yourself.

Good luck!;)