Have you ever created a high heel maniac?

never2high

A few years back, my wife was showing a visiting girlfriend some recently purchased articles of clothing. Included was a pair of strappy stilettos with 4 inch heels. The friend tried them on. She stood on wobbly legs and although they fit her perfectly she announced that she could never wear such high heels because “they’re so uncomfortable”.

My wife replied that heels that are well designed and well made can be almost as comfortable as flats. “I’ll prove it to you” she said. She then brought out her favourite pair of shoes - black Italian ankle boots in buttery leather. They had unusual 4 inch heels that were thin, but wide, providing stability while looking hot.

As the girl slipped them on, her face flushed with pleasure. “I’ve never ever worn such gorgeous boots” she said, primping in front of the mirror.

To make a long story short, the friend left with the boots, “to try them for a few days”. The few days stretched to a few weeks as she wanted “to keep them just for the weekend”, or “to wear with my black minidress to the dinner-theatre”. Finally my wife had to go to her house and demand them back.

So, be careful what you wish for!