Greetings!

Hello all, I would just like to make a short introduction on my life in heels. I've been wearing high heels since I was 10. I first came across my mum's 4" white pumps. They looked good and out of boredom, I put them on. I had no problems walking...and have been wearing heels ever since! I wore my first 6" heels when I was 14 and spent about 9 hours in them. I'm mainly a high heeled pumps and boots person, but will generally wear any type of heels. I normally wear 5" heels, but I'll go for 6" if I feel brave, and 4" if I'm tired. My heels don't go any lower than 4". I'm looking forward to lots of associations on the site with fellow high heel lovers!

Hello: I notice that you are a male. Are you able to wear heels in public? They do feel great, don't they. I am a female, and didn't start wearing heels until I was 16. Now, I don't wear anything lower than 5". Would love to hear about your heel wearing. Barb

Hi Stiletto rep: It is interesting that as a male you are always in heels at least 4" high. I think that is wonderful, but how does that go with people around you? I guess I'm thinking about that, since I am female and still cannot wear heels above 5" to the office. They think heels of that height would be distracting in the work place. Maybe they are right. I don't know. I do know that on certain days I would really like to wear a higher heel. I never wear heels lower than 5"; and, I'm very comfortable in heels up to 5 1/2". I hope to be able to stay home at some point and wear the highest heels possible for my size feet, a size 6. A 5 7/8" heel is probably the highest I will be able to wear, until I use "trainers" and bend my feet. I think ultimately I might be able to wear a 6" heel, or possibly slightly higher. The Little Shoe Box people in London told me that I could learn to wear a 6 1/4" heel, but that I probably could never walk well in them. I would like to try though. Barb

I do wear high heels out in public (generally 5") without too much of a fuss. I've been to pubs, parties and out in general wearing heels that tend to be higher than most of the heels women are wearing! Every now and again I get a compliment from women for wearing "such high heels", as they say. It feels amazing.

Hello Stiletto Rep: I have just read your postings and enjoyed them very much. Thanks for the "Greetings". Yes, if you wear 5" heels in public, you are wearing a higher heel than most women wear. However, I assume your feet are larger than most women's feet, so your arches are not in the "bend" that they would be if your feet were smaller. I wear 5" heels every day, but I'm a size 6 (U.S. sizes). This is as high a heel as permitted in the work place (dress code), but I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I no longer have to work, so that I can begin to further train (modify) my feet for the highest heels possible. It has been my goal for a very long time to wear the highest heels possible, all the time. I know that this modification and the wearing of extreme heels all the time can cause some problems, but we can talk about that in detail in later correspondence. Be assured - I love very high heels and want to do this. Barb

• 3 weeks later...

I wear 5" heels every day, but I'm a size 6 (U.S. sizes). This is as high a heel as permitted in the work place (dress code) ...

I've only just seen your posting, hhbarb, and am intrigued by the fact that you have a work dress code that is so specific (and seemingly quite generous) in its reference to heels. It seems more usual for such codes to be much more restrictive, even when there is no obvious safety issue.

So we can put your employer's rules into perspective:

1. Can you tell us what type of business you work in and what your particular job is?

2. What exactly are the dress code references to footwear, male and female?

3. Do you (or any of your colleagues) experience comment or criticism about your choice of shoes - or is it just a non-issue?

(One of my reasons for asking the above is that, in my own workplace years ago, new rules about 'unsuitable shoes' were actually welcomed by the (regrettably) few ladies who normally wore very high heels as they no longer had to compete in terms of height etc and, if they were honest, preferred the greater comfort of lower heels, at least during office hours. I never did quite work out their logic but I suppose it is like having school uniform - a social leveller and simplifying choice.)

• 2 weeks later...