Dinner Wear?

My wife and I dined at a very popular seafood restaurant last weekend. As we circled the nearly full parking lot looking for a space, another car approached us, as we were about to pull into one of two remaining spaces at the rear of the lot. I flashed my lights indicating he could proceed first. We each carefully pulled in to the adjacent spaces and as we got out, we acknowledged a quick thank you for the mutual courtesy. The driver was a tall muscular man with a very short haircut. I immediately pictured him as an athlete or perhaps someone in the military. As my wife and I proceeded to the entrance, I overheard the woman with him say, “I can’t, I can’t” to which he replied “ Sure you can”. Again she pleaded, “No honey, I can’t, please?” “You can and you will” he replied in a very stern tone. Whatever they were debating, the argument was over. As we were considerably early, we proceeded to the bar and were fortunate enough to land the last remaining cocktail table. I ordered drinks at the bar, and returned to my wife at the table. The place was filling up quickly and most patrons had to sit or stand at the bar. Quite some time later, I noticed the couple from the adjacent parking space standing at the entrance to the bar, obviously looking for a seat or standing place. It seemed a bit odd as we had been there long enough to be ready for a second cocktail. I would have assumed that they had spent the time continuing their argument but they both seemed to be smiling and his date was clinging rather tightly to his arm. She appeared to be quite tall, nearly as tall as he, and equally as attractive. Actually, she was stunning. Both were dressed primarily in black. She was wearing a rather elegant pants suit. A few seconds later, a waitress tried to navigate the tight doorway and the gentleman rather abruptly stepped aside. As he did, his date nearly lunged at him, grabbing his arm with both of her hands. Her face was flushed and she looked like she was hanging on for dear life. Both of them unconsciously looked down at her feet. My eyes followed likewise. I noticed she was wearing black sandals with what I presumed to be a high stiletto heel (my favorite) but her long pants covered most of her shoe. I assumed she tripped on the apparently too-long trousers. He motioned to the bar and they proceeded but I was drawn to their pace, or lack there of. I couldn’t believe how slowly they walked. He looked natural and confident. She looked like she was walking on ice. When she reached the bar she literally grabbed it with two hands, again looking like she was leery of falling. They both smiled and if I could read her mind, I’d say she was breathing a sigh of relief. Since it was time to grab our second cocktail, I excused myself and proceeded to the bar, deliberately ending close to the attractive couple. While they were ordering, I feigned the need to tie my shoe. As I bent down very close to her feet I felt my pulse quicken. Her toes were painted a bright red and encased in shimmering black nylon stockings. More striking was the arch of the shoe. It seemed as though the sole of the shoe extended only an inch beyond the length of her toes. I could see the needle thin heel of the shoe positioned extremely close to the nearly vertical sole. “Oh my heavens, how can she walk in those” I thought! I stood up, relieved that I wasn’t being noticed and decided to tie the other shoe. This time I noticed the indentation at the back of her pant leg where her heel touched the material. Then I knew. Her feet seemed much longer than I had first imagined and it appeared that the arch of the shoe forced her foot in a nearly vertical position. I assume the heels had to be at least six inches, perhaps more. I decided not to push my luck and stood intentionally ignoring them for the time being while I ordered our drinks. It was time to get back to my table. A bit later I caught the guy nodding his head up and down in an expression that said “go ahead” to her. She nodded a definitive no, no, no. Again he nodded, and again she refused. Her reddening face told me she didn’t expect to win this battle of wills, and she didn’t. With an expression I can’t describe as other than forceful, he nodded for her to proceed. She placed her drink on the bar and walked ever so slowly across the room. She looked frightened to death and took a path that kept her close to something to grip in an emergency, rather than take the more direct diagonal path across the room and disappeared into the crowd. We were then summoned to our table for dinner and that was the last I saw of her. Later that night and on several occasions since, I’ve tried to recap that night in my mind’s eye. I’m sure that her protests in the parking lot were in response to her ability to navigate the distance in such treacherous footwear. However, the questions persist. Was the choice of shoes deliberate or a mistake that she realized after arrival? Did she lose a dare? I can only assume she struggled in them from home. Of course, she could have put them on in the car upon arrival? I assume she wore them to please her male companion, but was it his interest in fetish footwear, or perhaps, did it satisfy some dominant desire. In fact, was the entire episode some sort of Master/Slave scenario? While that’s not really my thing, I do find the idea somewhat arousing. Now…if I bought my wife a pair of those, I wonder if ….

Someone wearing heels because they want to is one thing but forcing someone into wearing heels is quite another IMO. Watching a lady who can handle her heels expertly is one of the sexiest things but a woman who is wearing heels that are far too high for her is just sad and I just can't bear to watch.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Someone wearing heels because they want to is one thing but forcing someone into wearing heels is quite another IMO.

Watching a lady who can handle her heels expertly is one of the sexiest things but a woman who is wearing heels that are far too high for her is just sad and I just can't bear to watch.

Unless it is in private and she is playing helpless for your benefit. :santa_hat:

My wife will wear her ballet heels and I have to help her stand, but never in public.

I love to see a woman glide along like she is floating on air on 52 stilettos. It is a beautiful thing. Too bad most women don't learn how to walk anymore. Need to bring back the catilion.

CJ

Interesting story, whether you're turned off by seeing a woman struggle in too-tall heels, or enjoy the sight of same. Either way, I would have been most interested in witnessing her plight first hand, even though my own preference would have been that she were able to handle the extreme heels with less obvious difficulty. (Or no difficulty at all.) Thanks for relating the incident for us to ponder. It's too bad that when tying your shoes, you didn't seize the opportunity to mention something to the couple about your encounter in the parking lot to see where the conversation might go. But, I fully understand the pressure of the moment can cause a mental block which leaves you frustrated about all of the things you "might have said" at the moment of opportunity. Nevertheless, a well told and intriguing story. Thanks again.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.