My 1st shopping trip in heels

DDWW

Although I have had a couple of outings in heels, they have always been on fairly empty streets. I have never gone on a proper shopping trip in them...until a few days ago!

I decided I had to try it out so I went to a busy shopping centre wearing my favourite black 2.5" round-toed mary-janes and went shopping for new shoes!

I was a little apprehensive at first when I got out of the car - there were so many people around! I remembered what people say on this forum and forced myself out amongst them, hoping the crowd would take attention away from me. -It did! The bottom of my jeans did hide my shoes a little, and nobody seemed to really notice my heels. If they did, they didn't seem to show it.

I casually went about my business, browsing the various shoe shops for interesting heels. I soon noticed that the great advantage of wearing heels to the shops was that it was so nice to be able to simply slip off my own shoes and instantly try on multiple different pairs of new ones! No need for the usual fumbling around with laces and socks.

Another bonus was that having already walked into the shops wearing heels, it didn't feel so strange trying heels on!

I eventually found some I liked: a pair of cute brown 3 inch stiletto mary-janes with an almond toe in Dune, and some 4 inch stiletto pumps, again with an almond toe and lowish vamp, by Carvella. -I bought both pairs!

Here are some pictures:

http://1.2.3.13/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00319-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00312-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00311-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00315-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00266-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00296-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00287-30.jpg

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.geocities.com/dddwith/Dsc00307-30.jpg

When i got back to the car I was so pleased with my purchases that I immediately changed into my new Carvellas and drove home in them!

At the start of the day I have to admit that I was not on the look out for anything with a higher heel than 3 inches. However, the fact that I was able to slip out of my own heels and try on so many others very quickly meant that I did try on the Carvellas when I otherwise might not have done. As a result I have found one of the most elegant and comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever worn! I can't wait for the next chance I get to go shopping for heels in heels!

I'd love to hear others' views on, or experiences of, shopping for high heels whilst wearing high heels.

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Hi DDWW Congratulations on you first outing!! It takes guts to take the first step - you're to be admired. I love the black ones ;o) Where did you go shopping? I'd be interested in how your experience in the shops with the assistants. So far I've been on one day-time outing for hsopping around etc in 4" high boots as I've written elsewhere on the excellent site. It's a thrill isn't it? What I liked best was how the girls in Dune and Faith were so helpful, the one in Faith was lovely, a real sweetie. I guess she's accustomed to us guys going into the Oxford Steet shoe trying on stilettoes? Thanks for posting your story, have a great Xmas and new year

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Sorry I couldn't see your pictures, but the story sounds like a happy occasion all the way around! As they say, the crowds help detract from the occasional single soul who just likes wearing something a bit more stylish :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I always find it much easier to try on heels if I'm already wearing them. If I'm in girl mode, it's even easier.

I did girl mode around halloween but haven't ventured out since. I really need to make an appointment at the MAX store to have them do my makeup. I would really like to pass to the casual passerby before I would feel comfortable going out in girl mode. It seems that passing is 90% wearing appropriate clothing. Hard to do when you like miniskirts and very high heels. I do have some 'tame' skirts and a couple of wigs. I have lost tons of weight lately and actually look quite female (and sexy) when dressed from the neck down. It's the face I have issues with. A lot of it is just me but I am so self conscious about it. Much more than I am wearing men's style heels in guy mode (and I wear 4"+ only)

CJ

I went shopping for some winter boots at Famous Brand Shoes wearing 3" small heeled penny loafer syled shoes. I took my heels off to try on the winter boots, that were Sporto man made material boots that had about a 2" heel. There were women looking at shoes. None of them seemed to pay any attention. When I checked out, the gal asked if the boots were a gift. I said "No, they were for me." She immediately changed the subject and asked if I needed leather oil for the boots. I then pointed out the boots were not leather. I kept my cool even though I was wearing the highest heels of anyone in the store. It was very satisfying and felt cool.

I did girl mode around halloween but haven't ventured out since. I really need to make an appointment at the MAX store to have them do my makeup. I would really like to pass to the casual passerby before I would feel comfortable going out in girl mode. It seems that passing is 90% wearing appropriate clothing. Hard to do when you like miniskirts and very high heels. I do have some 'tame' skirts and a couple of wigs. I have lost tons of weight lately and actually look quite female (and sexy) when dressed from the neck down. It's the face I have issues with. A lot of it is just me but I am so self conscious about it. Much more than I am wearing men's style heels in guy mode (and I wear 4"+ only)

CJ

I think that we're all self conscious of our faces. It's the one part of our body we see the most of and the most familiar. In addition, it is possible to completely change your body shape with corsets and padding and even the wearing of heels has a great effect on the bum and legs.

The face is a different matter, without "prostheses" or surgery our face is going to look exactly the same (more or less) no matter what we do to it, red lipstick is not going to change the hsape of your mouth. We use make-up to emphasise certain features and to camouflage others but underneath it all you have a face that you see several times a day every single day of your life, you are going to see through any changes.

To the public that doesn't know you you probably pass a lot better than you think. The first thing a cross-dresser learns is how to be objective about their look.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...

I went shopping for some winter boots at Famous Brand Shoes wearing 3" small heeled penny loafer syled shoes. I took my heels off to try on the winter boots, that were Sporto man made material boots that had about a 2" heel. There were women looking at shoes. None of them seemed to pay any attention. When I checked out, the gal asked if the boots were a gift. I said "No, they were for me." She immediately changed the subject and asked if I needed leather oil for the boots. I then pointed out the boots were not leather. I kept my cool even though I was wearing the highest heels of anyone in the store. It was very satisfying and felt cool.

Way to keep your cool and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. I'm going shoe shopping next week while wearing stiletto heels. I'll let everyone know how it goes.