Shoppin' around...

Tosca

Hi all, I've been reliably informed that New Look have shoes in larger sizes (i.e. over a UK 8, and in wider fittings), but I haven't yet had the chance to go in and see for myself. Unfortunately they don't have a website. Have any of you UK chaps been in checked it out? And I've seen some very nice looking shoes and boots on the Matalan website, which is rudimentary to say the least; they don't have size ranges on at all. Yes I know Matalan is very cheap, downmarket and a bit chavvy, and most of their stuff is probably make under appalling conditions somewhere, but it is cheap...... So has anyone any information about sizes there too? I'm getting cheesed off buying online all the time, just because the High Street shops don't have larger sizes! Best wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Matalan generally run a bit small for me in some styles but other styles fit OK for me. They only go up to a size 8/41. New Look go up to a size 8/41 also but they tend to be slightly more generous in their sizing but again this can vary. I don't recall them going higher than 8/41 in ladies styles unless of course you include their mens styles then they go up around 12/45. Not all New Looks sell menswear though and their menswear tends to be not that great TBH. Evans are the only UK store I can remember that go beyond 8/41 for the ladies.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Guest Loveshiheels

Hi all,

I've been reliably informed that New Look have shoes in larger sizes (i.e. over a UK 8, and in wider fittings), but I haven't yet had the chance to go in and see for myself. Unfortunately they don't have a website.

Have any of you UK chaps been in checked it out?

And I've seen some very nice looking shoes and boots on the Matalan website, which is rudimentary to say the least; they don't have size ranges on at all. Yes I know Matalan is very cheap, downmarket and a bit chavvy, and most of their stuff is probably make under appalling conditions somewhere, but it is cheap......

So has anyone any information about sizes there too?

I'm getting cheesed off buying online all the time, just because the High Street shops don't have larger sizes!

Best wishes,

Tosca

I have the same problem about having to buy on line. You never know if you going to get a good fitting shoe.

il correct you heel D, i posted an ebay item here a few weeks ago, in size 9/42 a new look branded pair. so the rumour of the larger new looks may well be true. nexts 8 is a large 8/42 and they also do 9.43 in some styles barratts do sizes above 8 ravel do the odd style in a 9 (i have a pair but fits like a 10...too big for me!) faiths 8 can be from tight to generous depending on style and some styles in a 9 nl

Hi all,

I've been reliably informed that New Look have shoes in larger sizes (i.e. over a UK 8, and in wider fittings), but I haven't yet had the chance to go in and see for myself. Have any of you UK chaps been in checked it out?

And I've seen some very nice looking shoes and boots on the Matalan website, which is rudimentary to say the least; they don't have size ranges on at all. Yes I know Matalan is very cheap, downmarket and a bit chavvy, and most of their stuff is probably make under appalling conditions somewhere, but it is cheap......

I can confirm New Look are now selling womens shoes in size 9.

I saw a display in one of their stores recently (I think it was Milton Keynes) but I didn't take a close look at what was on offer in that range as a size 7 or 8 usually does me ok.

My last purchase was a pair of size 8 suede platform ankle boots from Matalan. I didn't notice if they do anything larger though.

I was pretty impressed regarding their range TBH. Some nice looking styles in there so will definately be heading back come the January Sales.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Hi folks, sorry, I have no experience with New Look. But I'm a proud owner of two pairs of boots from UK. A pair of dark grey 3'' wedge boots from Next. They are made from true leather and true in size 9. A little bit too small for my EU 44/45 feet but still comfortable to wear. My black 4'' inch boots from Essence (a cowgirl style from manmade material) in size 9 are exactly my size. At least an UK 10 but unfortunately much too far legs for my calves. I'm preferring the Next styles - they appear to me more elegant :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!