First stiletto boots and TK Maxx ramblings

spiky heels

I bought my first stilettos yesterday. A pair of Bronx , lace up with a 4" heel, tan leather made in Brazil. In the best tradition of the first purchase of womens shoes I grabbed them and just took them and paid without trying (not the best idea I know). Despite my imagination that the whole store would be looking at me nobody even seemed interested. They fit well, I'm a uk size 8 and the size marked on the sole says 11M which I think is a Brazillian size. Oh, almost forgot the cost £29.95

I bought my first stilettos yesterday.

... I grabbed them and just took them and paid without trying (not the best idea I know). Despite my imagination that the whole store would be looking at me nobody even seemed interested.

Atta boy! It wasn't that hard now, was it? Next time you can push it a little bit and enjoy the feeling of trying the shoes on at the store - you'll love it!

:smile:

Posted Image

HH forever!

I bought my first stilettos yesterday. A pair of Bronx , lace up with a 4" heel, tan leather made in Brazil. In the best tradition of the first purchase of womens shoes I grabbed them and just took them and paid without trying (not the best idea I know). Despite my imagination that the whole store would be looking at me nobody even seemed interested. They fit well, I'm a uk size 8 and the size marked on the sole says 11M which I think is a Brazillian size. Oh, almost forgot the cost £29.95

Outrageously cheap!!!

do you got a picture of them?

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Atta boy! It wasn't that hard now, was it? Next time you can push it a little bit and enjoy the feeling of trying the shoes on at the store - you'll love it!

:smile:

And, who knows, end up in a conversation about shoes... and from there, the only possible destination is the 'great shopping experiences' thread :grin: !

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm a uk size 8 and the size marked on the sole says 11M which I think is a Brazillian size. Oh, almost forgot the cost £29.95

11M is a US womens size I think, should equal size 9 UK. Bronx boots in a size 9 - rare!!

Let me guess - TK Maxx, who have been shifting lots of Bronx boots recently.

Congratulations on your new boots

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

11M is a US womens size I think, should equal size 9 UK. Bronx boots in a size 9 - rare!!

Extremely rare! I asked my local Bronx dealer a few weeks ago and at least he said that this year there wasn't a sigle Bronx model over 41 or 10US...

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

I bought a pair myself, size 10M which fit me OK, I think Firefox has got a pair and possibly also Laurie! Popular style! A very nice price as well for the quality.

Calv

You need to keep going to TK Maxx. Their stock turns over very quickly, and if you see something you need to grab it. I've just got a pair of 3.5" suede boots from there tonight. I paid UKP20, which makes them one of my more expensive pairs, but they're lovely and comfortable in socks, so I could probably wear them all day if I could. Another advantage of TK Maxx, for the shy, is that they sell everything, and their 'men's' shoes are in the same place as the 'interesting' shoes. (Is that right? Men's vs. Interesting? Damn, this alcohol is working)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 8 months later...

Hmm, a few months ago I missed out on two bargains.

TK Maxx had some Bronx pointed toe, Trouser-cut boots with a very high heel, a little over 5 inches high, and a side zip opening. They had a slightly rectangular shaped heel. They were GBP 10 in their sale. I went back later in the day and they had gone. I tried another branch and they didn't have any. A few days later, in London, I looked in the Ealing branch and still no luck.

TJ Hughes were doing a similar boot, in black, with a 4.5 inch heel, and side opening zipper, and they had these for about GBP 25. The heel was just over biro-pen thickness, and set back towards the rear of the boot a little. I also remember that the underside of the boot may have been red. They had masses of them, but suddenly sent them all back to their supplier.

Missed out again.

Well, all I can say is that if you see a bargain in one of those places, grab it! It may be swiped out from under your nose if you don't!

• 2 weeks later...

There are good TK Maxx's in Stevenage and Hatfield Galleria for those in Herts, Beds, Bucks UK and smiliar. The Stevenage branch is relatively new and at the moment has a crap selection of boots but come Autumn they will be packing it with last seaons fashions. As YY says, you have to visit frequently as they buy constantly changing end of line stocks which may be limited in quantiity and size. You'll struggle to find better new quality fashions names at heavy discount prices though.

I've not really bought shoes from TKMaxx, I'm a size 10 uk. But I have bought lots of jeans from the womens department after trying them on. I only got stopped once by an assistant manager who was filling in at the changing rooms, and he looked at me, and then said to his colleague "are men allowed to try on the womens clothes" and his assistant said in a very matter of fact way "yes" so he had to let me in. This was in the Manchester Primark building. I bought two pairs of jeans that day.

I'm astonished by that. I've never had anything like that - the most I've had anywhere is people politely indicating the men's department, and not batting an eyelid when I politely remark that I'm where I want to be. But otherwise, TK Maxx is great. There's also a good one in Merry Hill, for Midlands-based people.

I'm guessing TK Maxx and TJ Maxx are related? Maybe a diference in UK vs US naming?

Jim

Could be... of course, ours are one better, because "TK" > "TJ" :wink:

Yes TJ Maxx and TK Maxx are the same company. They changed the name for the European operation (UK and Holland so far - maybe more by now). I remember seeing a jacket in Coventry TK Maxx priced in Guilders (pre Euro!) I have found quite a few whilst driving around the midlands. Added bonus - I can get the lorry into the car park :wink:

Calv

There's a good TK Maxx in Brighton too. 3 floor job and the shoes are on the top floor. Last time I was there, a 7 year old girl and her 10 year old sister/friend had been let loose among the shoes while mum went round the the clothes. They were having a "fashion show" putting on different pairs of the highest heels they could find and parading noisily round the "catwalks" of the ladies shoe section. They didn't seem phased in the slightest that I was trying on various pair of heels and walking around, though somewhat less noisly and rather more smoothly than they were!

"are men allowed to try on the womens clothes"

Un-bloody-believable !! Some people have brains the size of split peas.. :wink: I would say this guy takes the "Doofus of the Year" award for sure!

I'm suprised you didn't tell him to bugger off...

jim