Hi all - first heels?

peterw

Hi all, like the site. I have been interested in heels for a few years and would like to start wearing on the quiet. I don't own any yet and was wondering where I should buy from without arousing interest (I am in UK, North England), poss by mail order first - not brave enough for shop, and what should I buy first. I don't think I would go outdoors yet so they would be for indoor use. I was going to de-fluff my feet and ankle to make them look better - but should I wear hose too? How can I stand any chance of getting my size right? You advice and experience welcomed. Peter

An accurate measurement of your feet would be a great way to begin :smile:. Keep in mind that everyone has a bigger foot (for me it's the left one).

Then you will be able to find what women's size you are by checking tables that can be found on the net or in catalogues. Don't rely on a single table. Men and women sizes are different.

Be aware that the size you should choose is also linked to the width of your feet.

Moreover, It is often necessary to go for a bigger size when the heel is really high.

And finally sizes can also vary from one manufacturer to another.

I'm sure many people here can help you if you post your feet measurements here.

I think that 8cm chunky heels would be a good choice to start.

There are many online shoe sites, and -lucky you- there are also plenty of shoes in big sizes in your country.

In France, shoes above UK8/EUR42 are very hard to find. So hard, that I bought the biggest part of my shoe collection on ebay.co.uk and ebay.de

Wearing hose or not is more a choice of yours. Just try :wave:

Hi Peter As for what to buy, that's entirely up to you. If you want patent stripper shoes then the world's your oyster in pretty much any size. If you want fashion rather than fetish then your choice will be limited if you're above a size 8 and very limited if you're above a size 10. Sizing varies a lot between manufacturers, so your best bet if you want to do mail order is somewhere you can return them if they don't fit. Women have such a huge choice of footwear that I can't really recommend anything without having an idea of what you're looking for. Hose or not is up to you. I wear boots with trousers, so I stick to socks. Chris

Peterw, I would seriously think about taking a trip to Alternative Footwear in Ramsbottom. Donna is great, cos blokes go in all the time. You would have a great choice of shoes and boots, and you end up with the corect size.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

bb2000, Excellent advice for Peter.

Peter,

Firstly, Welcome to the board you are now amongst friends who understand where you are at 'cos we've all been there too.

Talking of shoe shops, remember these people don't bite, they want and need your custom not just the first time, but again and again. Alternative Footwear do the entire Pleaser range so you will have an excellent choice. Look at http://www.pleaser.co.uk and have fun. If you do want to get out and about in heels, then you must must must do it in block heels. You don't give your foot size, but a good place to browse is Ebay. Under womens shoes, set the brand to Essence (Evans own shoe brand) and set your normal shoe size. Evans go upto UK10 in a wide width which means they are generous, in every case I when I have purchased Evans shoes, I have had to come down a size. This is probably a good place to start. Then get on the train and come and join in at the heelmeet next year, it will be worth it.

Do post a Hi-Ya message telling us all about yourself and what you like etc.

Any more questions, just post away. We would love to have another "out there" UK heeler, there are lots of us now.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Guest Loveshiheels

Where did I get my fiest heels from. First pair was from Clarks shoe shop. No one took any notice of me trying women's shoes. I now buy all my shoes on E-bay. 4 pairs this year. As for getting the right size I had to take a chance I have 1 pair in a size 13usa. that I know are to big they, feel loose on my foot but able walk around fine. Another pair in size 14usa, first pair I bought but because they have cross straps they fit O.K If they don,t fit you can always sell back on E-bay. I suggest getting a pair of black courts with a heel of 4.5" to 5" high.