Need advice from NYC residents

want-hh

Hi all, I'm spending the first two weeks of october with my GF in NYC!!! It’s my first time there, and apart of visiting many places, I want to buy at least a pair of boots and shoes. I really don’t know if I wear size 11 or 12, and won’t wait at home to receive boxes, so internet shopping is out!! Can anyone give me some advice? Where can I shop (taking into account size issues)? Will it be a hard task? Should I buy anything that fits? Is it ok to try on shoes anywhere or should I be “cautious”? Thanks!! It’s a shame we’ll miss the October heel meet. I hope you have lots of fun.

You will have no problem on 8th street in the village. If you go west on 8th it turns into St.Marks Place and on it you will find Trash a fetish shoe store and Ian's. On 8th st.there are quite a few shoe stores. 6th ave is known for its' shoe stores. North of 57th street I don't know and don't reccomend but midtown especialy the Chealse area is cool with men in heels.

77r90dL lf

Depends what type of shoes you're after. If you're after more fetishy heels, then the village is probably your best bet. But if you just want to try some general styles then head on over to Union Square & 14th Street. There's a large DSW right near the subway station - sizes there go up to 11 in some styles IIRC (they may go to 12 I don't know). Also there are many shoe stores along 14th Street heading west from Union Square including an Aldo. You may also want to go to a Payless store - they go up 13. There are many across Manhattan. The nearest one to 14th Street is on 6th Ave IIRC. There's also one right opposite Grand Central Terminal. As for trying on shoes, I haven't had any problems in NYC. In fact I had a compliment in DSW last time I was there. 8) Hope you enjoy your trip.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

there are pretty much 2 places you can really find heels in that size and not feel like stuff has been sitting on the shelf for 10 years. They're both in the village, but the place is called Tic Tac Toe (the absolute best place I've found - you can try on any pair you like, bit expensive, but in 12 I'm sure you can find some really nice Highest Heel ones) The girls who work there are really helpful, freidnly & non-judgemental.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/12196351

or Fantasy World (less friendly, cheaper, more choice for other sex things)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ha0ISx3f-IIQjE0bSd7YRA

Hey! You can't leave NYC without visiting kneehighs! One place you want to visit for sure is the Saks Fifth Avenue shoe store. It has an entire zip code dedicated to it. If anything, it would make a fun tourist attraction.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hey! You can't leave NYC without visiting kneehighs! One place you want to visit for sure is the Saks Fifth Avenue shoe store. It has an entire zip code dedicated to it. If anything, it would make a fun tourist attraction.

*makes note to visit next time in Manhattan*

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005