Via Spiga

johnieheel

I wrote a letter to Via Spiga :

Comments: Are you aware of "Men in Heels"? Yes! There are men all over the world like myself who wear heels but unlike myself, a size9 us, alot of them wear much larger sizes. 10, 12 13, 14 and even 15 US and the market is growing. We believe that mens shoes are flat and boring and prefer heels. Believe it or not. I own a few pair of your heels and have let other men I know who wear heels see them and they love them but unfortunatly can't get them in their size (11,12, and up) so what I'm asking is do you have plans in the near future or do you make heels in larger sizes. Trust me when I say , You won't be sorry. Thank you Johnie

They replied:

Thank you for your email to ViaSpiga.com.

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate parties so that your suggestions may be considered.

If we may be of further assistance, please let us know. Thank you for your interest in our footwear!

Best regards,

Elycia

http://www.ViaSpiga.com

real men wear heels

Good letter, Johnie! Attaboy! Unfortunately the bland response implies that it probably won't lead anywhere, in my opinion. They've politely said thanks and will likely file the letter without taking any serious action. I hope I'm wrong, but unless the company has a male president with a "high heel gene" himself, it will probably continue to be business as usual. On the other foot...you never know and it's worth a try! May I suggest you follow it up with another inquiry in a few weeks and ask them if they plan to expand their size range? If they say no, well, don't be surprised. If they say yes, I will be surprised! Let us all know! Anyway, thanks for taking the initiative to write to them. And BTW, CONGRATS on your wedding! I hope you and the missus have a long and happy life together and enjoy sharing your common interests in heeling. I'd love to meet you two in person someday. GWL

Thanks gwl1. I thought the same but at least I got the word out to them and I will follow up on it. You never know. Hopefully we can put a heel meet together someday here in ohio. Thanks to all for the congrats. It's going to be a good life of heeling I'm sure!

real men wear heels

I agree, great letter. Might be worth sending it off to all the shoe companies and see what other responses you get. Since you didn't mention there company name, you don't even have to change anything

Huge question for the manufacturer: does the market to men that wear heels warrant the investment needed in making the number of pairs in larger sizes needed to carry the investment? Personally, I don't think so.

I agree, great letter. Might be worth sending it off to all the shoe companies and see what other responses you get. Since you didn't mention there company name, you don't even have to change anything

Good Idea

real men wear heels

Huge question for the manufacturer: does the market to men that wear heels warrant the investment needed in making the number of pairs in larger sizes needed to carry the investment? Personally, I don't think so.

Rather you think so or not does not matter. All I'm doing is getting the word out.I believe every little bit helps. I'm an optimist.

real men wear heels

I wasn't being critical of your effort. In fact, your letter was very good and I'm glad you sent it. No quarrel with me, mate. I was just being realistic. :smile:

No prob. I understand. Have a great day.

real men wear heels