Safe High Heel for Driving

ems8hh

Yeah, looks ok in either mode, heeled or flat, but is it real or just a way to attract people to the Sheilaswheels site?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Interesting. I haven’t encountered any problems driving in heels. Granted I have not driven in 4 inch spike heels. Most of my experiences have been with 4 (or less) and occasionally 4.5 inch heels that are broader that a spike heel. Yes, the floor mat wears out differently with heels . . . but I am more than willing to accept that.

What a load of crap. Someone obviously doesn't know how shoes are made... Also, what's stopping the heel from folding mid step?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What a load of crap. Someone obviously doesn't know how shoes are made...

Also, what's stopping the heel from folding mid step?

I'd guess there's a locking mechanism judging from this quote from the site

the Sheila Driving Heel features a tall heel that folds forward into the shoe's sole at the touch of a button

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I really do not have a problem driving in heels like my typical 5" heeled oxfords. though most my family vehicles sport automatic transmissions, my RX-8 requires a light feel on its quick clutch. Takes a while to get use to - and to be honest - the heels do not add to the driving experience (though the driving adds to the heeling experience!) The one thing I can say is that the heels present a smaller surface area down there on the pedals and with normally large feet, the smaller foot my heels present seem to fit even better.

common sense would say u have less control in heels when driving no matter how astute we are at wearing em or driving in them. because of the heel we are forced to pivot on it to press the pedals with our toe. obviously higher the heel the more effect this will have. not to say it cant be done fairly easily, but it certainly makes the control a little more awkward

I'd guess there's a locking mechanism judging from this quote from the site

Hahahahaha!

I would put serious money on a wager that a: they were not designed by a footwear designer and B: they haven't gone into production.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.