One of the crowd...

tallguyinheels

So I'm on my to work this morning - a jeans day - so I'm also driving to work in heels - my usual 5" oxford pumps. I pull in to the convenience store for coffee and purchase a paper. and as I walk to the door, a very nice looking lady in at least 4" very nice open toed pumps approaches and I open the door for her. She smiles and says thanks, my heels are not very visable in the tight confines of the store - so, typically, no one notices or coments if they do. I go about my business, take my time at checkout so I leave about the same time as the woman. It's a busy place - so someone entering opens the door for both of us as we leave. I had a 20 meter walk to my parking location - but as I do another young woman ( a little shorter) exits her car parked just the other side of my truck, and walks toward me in 4" stilleto sandal. We pass I say good morning with a smile - still no one seems to notice me. That's just fine with me. Both women were black - and were walking in the heels like they are in them all the time. I wish I knew more of women's fashions - one was in a just above the knee dress, and the other in skirt and blouse and jacket. I got in my car and decided to post this... The reason I tried heels in the first place was b/c women look so dang good in them. But my wife complains of heels so as a good engineer I had to run an experiment. Then, I just got hooked. Yesterday, for my almost daily heel outing at lunch I went to the Post Office and electronics store (Fry's). I had to visit the greeter at Fry's b/c I was bringing in a piece of instrumentation I needed a part for. He looked me up and down as I approached and certainly noticed the flaired jeans and the "non- male" toes peaking out. But nary a comment about them. I could tell he was looking as I walked away from him - click, clicking - This is a geeky guys place so no women in heels.... Wedneday, I picked up the oxfords I'm wearing today from the shoe repair shop - needed new tips and a polish. I wore my heels in both times - but no comments - but their were other customers about. a couple months ago - when I dropped a pair off prior to the Denmark heel meet, he asked about the heels and where I purchased them. I wasn't in heels at the time -but I suspected he knew they were for me. Size 15 you know. For all those heel wearers and admirers out there I think it will just get better!

Thanks for sharing the story. I suspect that both women would have appreciated a "nice heels" complement as much as you would have.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.