A Sushi Song especially for Laurie

While listening to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" radio show this morning, I heard a song that I thought LaurieHeels would appreciate. It's Pat Donohue singing the "Sushi Song." [ http://phc.mpr.org/performances/20000513/ra_files/000513_sushi_3_28.ram ] Listen closely to the words, Laurie. I got a big kick out of them. (I hope you have "RadioOne Player")

If you are interested, the entire radio show can be heard on the following link http://phc.mpr.org/performances/20000513/index.shtml

:rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have IE 5.5, Outlook express, and, um, Notepad! That's about it on my computer at the moment. No games, no players, nothing. Maybe I'll have time to shop the web for freebie downloads tomorrow. Until then, I remain unable to listen. It's been 2 weeks since I had sushi. The world may come to an end!

Here's the Lyrics: Sushi-Yucky (Sukiyaki) Saturday, May 13, 2000 Listen: RealAudio 28.8 | How to Listen I am from Minnesota; I went to Tokyo to Visit the Land of Enchantment and quaint pagoda. I almost died the night they tried To make me eat that yucky sushi. They think it sounds so yummy, But, hey, I ain't no dummy, I knew no way it would stay down in my tummy. I took one bite, and I was right, No likey icky yucky sushi. Bridge: It took some wine, but I finally agreed To eat that dish of dead fish and seaweed. What happened then I don't know, I loosened my kimono, I make a noise like the voice of Yoko Ono. Then just like that, right on the mat, Me sicky icky yucky sushi. Bridge: Don't eat raw squid, like I did, 'cause it's true, It make you do like when you got the flu. So if you're in Nagoya, Here's a suggestion for ya, Take my advice, stick with rice, and think twice before ya Bow in disgrace, lose lunch and face, No picky icky yucky sushi. No likey icky yucky sushi. © 2000 by Pat Donohue All I can say is the lyrics are absolute bollox in content and composition. I hope the tune was better :smile:

All I can say is the lyrics are absolute bollox in content and composition. I hope the tune was better :smile:

Ah, I didn?t realize you were a music critic, too! But, hey, this was supposed to be all in fun. However, like Americans with British humor, sometimes some of our more literate English contemporaries just don?t understand. I thought it was a fun parody. (how did you manage to get the words without listening to it ?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I know its in fun, I just thought the lyrics were rubbish which is perhaps unfair because they were meant to go with the song. I got them off the website which was rubbish too because it said "listen to the song with real player" which I have. It then told me to contact real audio as no connetion could be made. Oh well we can't like everything. I like sushi though. It's nice and nutritous. I make my own too :smile: