great shopping experience!

dingpat

I really wanted to tell people this story! so I was shopping in a payless this evening and there was nobody on my aisle. I was trying on a pair of heels when one of the store clerks walked into my aisle. She took one look at me and smiled and said, "you know we have a purse that would look great with those! let me check to see if we have one". I laughed and said alright. Well she came back a couple minutes later and sadly told me that they were out of that type of purse. I thanked her and continued trying on shoes. loved it!

Great story, dingpat! Makes me believe that Payless truly has great people working for them. I have never had a bad experience in any of their stores. Of course, most of them have female employees, who always tend to be more interested when they see a guy trying on heels in the store.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Good to know... did you ever make it out to Avenue?

I did go to the avenue! It happened to be next door to the payless! they didn't have the wedges I wanted, but I did get a great deal on their heeled loafers!

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome to hear, I always liked the Morgans but they're cut really low and I have high ankles that sprain somewhat easily. I suppose I could make em work if I really wanted to.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde