High Heeled Training Diary #31

Laurieheels

My computer is still broken, and I cannot use my sister's computer to make a boot disk for some reason. it doesn't like any of our floppy disks. Why? Who knows. No computer for Laurie... I am not motivated to write the diary today, I fear. And everyone will rush along to tell me "oh, that's okay, you can delay it" but if I don't write it today I know I will not bother to write it. I have skills, I'll make it through. Monday doesn't count, it was Labour Day, and I was so unmotivated to even get up. I made cookies. That was about it. Tuesday - off to work, and black velvet five inch stilettos were the shoes of choice. The weather was not so nice, and it is time again for black stockings. Now, everyone should know, I refuse to wear those dreadful things called pantyhose. I have brought it up before, but I would like to mention it again as the time for covering up legs is almost here to stay. Nothing can be more comfortable than a garter belt and stockings. Yes they take longer to get on, well, not for me, but for some. I prefer it anyway. And with that, Wednesday and Thursday were also black velvet stiletto days with stockings. Thursday I wore pants with them, and my favourite thing to wear to work, my very long, black brocade jacket. I was complimented a few times on the jacket, and the heels at least once that I remember. People are impressed with me, it seems. I even did my jumping demonstration. This is what I get when I work in our north office. And I also took my patent stilettos to a mall at lunch, for new heel tips. I did bring my five and a half inch black stilettos to work as well, for wearing at lunch. The idea was to wear them to the shoe repair, and have one tip fixed on the velvets that has been gouged down a bit. It was interesting, seeing me walk to the parking lot in one pair of extreme stilettos, carrying another pair of stilettos (the velvets). I did get a few looks at that point. But since the repair was busy, and my patents would not be ready for a few days, I did not leave the velvets. I would have liked them done over lunch, but it did not happen. Back at work I was back in the velvets. There is a lot of standing up and walking when I work out of our North facility. What the day did have though, was a successful walk outside and a drive as well, in five and a half inch stilettos. I think there was a gentleman who was curious about my shoes when I was at the mall. He was still lingering outside the shoe repair shop when I left. And I wore the velvet five inch heels to Ikea, my sister and I went shopping for a table and a bunch of small drawer boxes... my sister is organizing the apartment and making a craft work area. So I was able to walk all over Ikea in five inch heels. At least I don't feel over dressed, because Ikea is quite trendy and many people show up after work. Thursday night, I walked into the yet unassembled table and bruised my fourth toe on my left foot. Friday and Saturday were four inch sandal days as a result. I was walking to work both days in my Reeboks, which was not so much fun, but I managed it despite the sore toe. The sandals really helped me at work. Open toes are easier when one is bruised and hurting. Sunday, today, was Farmer's Market Day. A write off for shoe reports, but a good day for cooking. I made tomato chicken soup. It is just amazing. I made the chicken stock from the bare bones of frozen chicken parts left from old meals. Fresh veggies made the difference today. Mmmmm... And that's it, really. I managed to write more than I felt up to, and I am happy about that. Even when I do not wish to write, I am great at writing. Maybe there is a bit of ego there, but I do think I am developing a talent. Whatever. :smile:

You're certainly doing well on the writing front. I think it's the continuous exercise of writing. I love writing too, in fact at one time I'd have liked to be a journalist, but other than the occasional strange e-mail, I don't have much chance to do it. Go for it! A member of your reading public.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

My thoughts on the black velvet pumps, too. (It appears the "contributor" will have to fire off another pair to western Canada sooner rather than later :smile: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The black velvets were left at the shoe repair when I picked up my two pairs of black patent stilettos. So they are being repaired as we speak. I wear them far too much. It will be a week before I can get them back, they're busy this time of year. But that is no matter, for the price I can do with black patent stilettos and my black patent sandals. I think it's about time I went looking for new shoes. Maybe the stores will have something more stiletto than normal? And higher than normal? Maybe Heelsonline will get in some new shoes instead of trying to clear out, oh, the same three pairs of size 11s that they do every few months...

The black velvets were left at the shoe repair when I picked up my two pairs of black patent stilettos. So they are being repaired as we speak. I wear them far too much. It will be a week before I can get them back, they're busy this time of year. But that is no matter, for the price I can do with black patent stilettos and my black patent sandals.

I think it's about time I went looking for new shoes. Maybe the stores will have something more stiletto than normal? And higher than normal?

Maybe Heelsonline will get in some new shoes instead of trying to clear out, oh, the same three pairs of size 11s that they do every few months...

Laurie,

I still have a pair of black patent 6 inch stiletto sandals you can have if you are interested ?

You may remember I removed the T-Straps from them, & they are a size 9 UK so should fit you OK.

If you want them please let me know & I will arrange to get them sent to you.

Love Neil