waking in grass

niceboots

I don't. My heels usually do though. ;) Doing it often would be a good way to ruin expensive shoes I expect. Mind you, that plastic grid stuff they put over grass for outdoor events doesn't look all that much better for heel wearers.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Sometimes the heels of my Aldo cowboy boots sink let alone stilettos. Those boots I wore to the Friday pre-heelmeet sunk right down to the heel cup but they're steel heels so no damage done! I actually like the sensation and it could be a bit of a turn-on but my first thought is my heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

today i was showing a house and i parked on grass my heels sank when walking to my car and when i went to leave my right rear tire was just spinning i gave it the gas with my 4'' heels and my tires spinning as i was hardly moving working the high heel on the gas i got out

It messes up the heels. If they sink and there is a sharp stone in the grass it can scratch the heel. You may as well take a knife and rough your heels up. I've had to repair a few pairs I'd accidently damaged so I'm quite careful. However, I know some people like to do this to make holes or whatever it is they like ;) No harm in that but I'd say wear a pair of shoes you don't care about.

I like walking on grass when the ground is firm, there is something about a little bit of sinking that I like. Last week when out with g/f we id a lot of walking across soft grass, my black heels where white at the end where the paint had been worn off. There was also some scores where stones had damaged them. The shoe repairer commented that these heels had seen some action, and they had loads of walking

• 2 weeks later...