Casual styles in bigger sizes

Hi! Yet another [rant] - [/rant] post... First I must admit that I do love all these real high (stiletto-, chunky- and the like) high heels in almost all shapes and colors. But there are times when I just want to feel the heels and don't want to attract to much attention. Some casual styles might really help with this issue but the problem is the 'regular shops' don't offer styles in my size. It usually stops at EU41 with all the interesting shoes. There would surely be men like me who really want to get a pair of a more decent character. But with an EU43 odds are 1:1000 or so or even worse than that that a women's EU41 will fit just because the particular style accidentally runs a bit large and features a square toe box. Okay, that did happen to be once with the buffalo-style (T-24400-like) stretch leather boots they sold six years ago. But this was the only time that it has actually happened. Current styles are more flashy, feminine and rather narrow in the toe box area so that when they say it's a EU41 it would be more like a EU40 - even for slender female feet. On the other hand you don't see the more casual-like styles from Pleasers, Jante, Highest Heel and so on. The stuff they offer is always sort of flashy and does attract attention when worn by either men or women. Sometimes there are really cool styles out there in the shops and on the shelves but women don't want'em (because of the actual heel height: 'Impractical, ew!, no way...') and men, who do want, can't buy'em because of the size. I say: "@#$%&@#!@#...". Anyway, to cut a long thing short: That's just not fair... :o((( CU! -Mike

I do agree with your rant. I wish that even stores like Payless carried a majority of their styles in the larger sizes, but they are pretty selective in that regard, and understandably so to an extent (ie, floor space, storage space, etc). I've found that getting nice,common styles in my large size often means paying a pretty penny. I'll show some examples...

http://www.womenshoesplus.com/Second_page.htm

From this company, I'd wear the following model names: Sabrina, Amanda, Daisy, Bella, Samantha, Honey, Mabel, Jenny, May, Rebecca, Sharon, Victoria. Not all of these are available in my size now, but familiarity with their site alone tells me that in the near future I can expect them.

http://www.kathrynkerrigan.com and http://www.designershoes.com are just two sites where, if I had the kind of cash flow I'd like, I'd be heels over more heels in shoes.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

It is nice that some designers are finally warming up to the idea that yes, they can get sales by selling larger sizes, but there just needs to be more of them. I can just imagine the sales boom that Payless just *might* get if they were to have a size 14 lineup. Perhaps not all markets, but larger cities and online, you can be sure there would be at least SOME demand for those. Zappos and some others are making larger sizes too, but they seem to be all kitten-heels, low ones, and FLATS. Come on.....up it Juuuuuuust a notch - perhaps a nice 3-3 1/2" heel and put some ZING into it! I know....it's beating a dead horse even more, but ya gotta keep believing in SOME dreams..........right?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!