Anklets...chunky ones

gorgeousss

i regularly wear an ankle bracelet made from my old "dog-tag" chains. for those unfamiliar with these, they are made of bead-chain (a series of small hollow metal balls linked together and cuttable for adjusting chain length). i have about 15 double-wrap chains, and 1 single-wrap. this means that if i wear them all at the same time i have 31 layers of beaded chain going around my ankle. this makes for a mass of metal about 1.5" thick. adjusted for the outfit, this is a very cool-looking and masculine ankle bracelet. r1g0r (home from work today, nursing a migraine) :wink:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, r1g0r, an interesting idea, and very sexy! What about the rest of you out there? Don't you fantasize about silver rings snugly fitted around shapely ankles of a man or woman in heels? Do anklets look better on bare feet? Why is wearing toes rings and pumps silly? What about shoes with ankle straps fastened by padlocks?

Well, r1g0r, an interesting idea, and very sexy! What about the rest of you out there? Don't you fantasize about silver rings snugly fitted around shapely ankles of a man or woman in heels? Do anklets look better on bare feet? Why is wearing toes rings and pumps silly? What about shoes with ankle straps fastened by padlocks?

As far as toe rings and pumps go I can see a couple of issues -- 1). Nobody can see the rings inside closed-toe shoes. 2). Most pumps are a bit tight in the toe area and the rigid band of a toe ring would likely be uncomfortable. I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as "silly" though -- if it turns your crank then go for it.

As far as locking shoes go, there are a couple of threads about that around here.

I do think ankle bracelets are nice. On women, something fine and delicate but we guys need something more substantial -- the beaded "dog tag" chains sound interesting. One of my favorites is those Italian-style charm bracelets -- just get enough links to go around your ankle comfortably and they look pretty smart. If you make the bracelet fit snugly it will ride fairly high on your leg, around the thinnest part of your ankle. Add a link or two and it will ride a little lower so you can control the look.

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

As far as toe rings and pumps go I can see a couple of issues -- 1). Nobody can see the rings inside closed-toe shoes. 2). Most pumps are a bit tight in the toe area and the rigid band of a toe ring would likely be uncomfortable. I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as "silly" though -- if it turns your crank then go for it.

As far as locking shoes go, there are a couple of threads about that around here.

I do think ankle bracelets are nice. On women, something fine and delicate but we guys need something more substantial -- the beaded "dog tag" chains sound interesting. One of my favorites is those Italian-style charm bracelets -- just get enough links to go around your ankle comfortably and they look pretty smart. If you make the bracelet fit snugly it will ride fairly high on your leg, around the thinnest part of your ankle. Add a link or two and it will ride a little lower so you can control the look.

:unsure:Have you looked at my avatar closely?

Yes there are padlocks there too.

Not for the shoes, although the idea does move me in the right direction!!!

Muddypaws:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I would love to wear a pair of anklets with my 5" heels. Silver or polished steel rings would do nicely. Does anyone have any ideas about (a) men wearing ankle jewellery and (:smile: where to obtain chunky anklets?

If you go to a jewelry 'supply' shop (or a shop that makes jewelry) it is possible to get sterling silver chain cut to length and provided with a clasp.

I had some made, but I had the jeweler close the chain links while on me--making them semi-permanent anklets. Yes, I know there is a safety issue, but the anklets are snug, and I take care not to get into any situation where it may get caught.

'Ring' anklets are OK if you like them, but I think they're a little too floppy unless they're NOT rings, but ovals.

:unsure:Have you looked at my avatar closely?

Yes there are padlocks there too.

Not for the shoes, although the idea does move me in the right direction!!!

Muddypaws:thumbsup:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/muddy4paws_album/IMG_2873.jpg

You could use this idea. They don't move about when they are on.

Just cut the chain off and the lugs and Bingo what more could you ask for.

Only a thought!

Muddypaws.:smile:

• 2 months later...

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/muddy4paws_album/IMG_2873.jpg

You could use this idea. They don't move about when they are on.

Just cut the chain off and the lugs and Bingo what more could you ask for.

Only a thought!

Muddypaws.:winkiss:

I have just come back from my home area and bought another pair. SANDALS! in Bronze. They also had Turquoise in the same design. Heel 5" with a platform.

When I got back, I thought of this site, Naturally, and here is a result. It follows on from my last posting and might interest Anklets lovers.

Take a look!!!:thumbsup::eyecrazy::welcome:[ATTACH]4916

post-4814-133522875733_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...