Coming out of the closet - street heeling debut, again.

geo_t

Today I did something that I haven't done in a long time... I went out in public, dressed as a guy, wearing heels. Just like the old days. :D And it was the most satisfying heel wearing I have done for a long time. I'd been experimenting with more complete transvestism lately, wearing heels with more obviously feminine clothes such as short skirts and dresses, and generally pushing the boundaries of what's considered acceptable. I've also been playing in the mud in drag, which while somewhat a rush just seemed to be leading me to more extreme situations - where I once was happy being ankle- to calf-deep, I found it took being at least waist-deep in mud to stir feelings. So the lack of gratification coupled with the recent demise of a pair of pumps and a pair of knee high boots in the mud (and taking two exhausting hours to get out) caused me to return to my earlier saner experiments in wearing heels. And it was good. It's been cold here, so boots were appropriate. For those interested in details, they were black Hayway faux-suede lace-up ankle boots with 5" stiletto heels. I wore black dress pants over these with the hem just resting on the toe of the boots when standing. A dark polo shirt, black leather trench coat and black Oakley-style sunglasses completed the look. In case you can't tell, I tend to favor dark colors. :fine: I'd been at work in the morning and had to run some errands. I changed into the boots in the parking lot, then drove to the bank to make some deposits. There were several cars outside the bank, and I almost chickened out and went through the drive-through lanes, but I persevered and went inside. I was greeted by the bank officer as usual, and no-one seemed to take any notice as I click-clacked across the tiled floor to wait in line for the teller. I finished my business and turned to leave to find quite a line of people waiting - apparently I arrived just before the lunchtime rush. I got a couple of glances from men and women, but no comments. Outside I passed a couple of Hispanic gardeners, but they were too engrossed in their work to notice anything. Next stop was getting some gas. I stopped at the nearest gas station and filled the car using the pay-at-the-pump facilities. While refuelling, I washed the windows which meant walking all around the car in full sight of everyone. Many people were coming and going, all focussed on their lives and not the 6' guy in heels. Unfortunately, the receipt machine wasn't working so I had to go inside for my receipt. The store was busy with people doing their lunchtime tasks, and I got no more notice inside than I usually get. As I walked back to the car someone wolf-whistled. Whether it was directed at me, or the cute girl in the demin mini-skirt and Ugg boots filling her Miata is unknown. Who am I kidding, who wolf-whistles a guy? No-one. Well, no-one except Mrs. Geo_T. Finally, food. I hate to admit this, but I broke my diet with some McD's. The drive through lane was wrapped around the parking lot, so buoyed up with my experiences so far I went inside. I ordered food (quarter pounder with cheese meal, for the detail-aholics among us :wink: ) and waited for my order. The store was almost empty, just a gaggle of teenage girls talking about teenage girl stuff, a couple of construction-looking guys and an older couple reading the paper) but no-one paid me attention. (This is getting bad... what must a guy do to get attention these days?? Ah... don't answer that!) I got a slight double-take from the cashier, but whether or not she saw my boots, or was impressed by the sight of the tall, dark, handsome (ha!) stranger is open to question. So I ate, left and went back to work, pausing to change back into "normal" shoes before going into the office. Quite a successful lunchtime outing. So what have I learned from this? From a purely physical aspect, standing and walking in heels out of the house felt natural after the first few steps. There really isn't any magic in wearing heels, apart from a well-tuned sense of balance. When at the gas station I was suddenly aware that I was standing like a girl - feet together - instead of the usual wide male stance, which suddenly made me concious of being up on my toes. For personal satisfaction, street-heeling is a whole lot more fun than keeping my love for heels in the fetish closet, and in a non-sexual manner. Doesn't mean I don't like my 7" heels or strappy sandles or shiny locking-ankle-strap pumps, but the more conservative shoes and boots may be getting more of an outing than they have in a long long time. The Hayway ankle boots I wore today are nice, but the lacing tends to cut into the top of my foot limiting how long I can wear them, and being a man-made material won't stretch much over time. I can feel some shoe shopping coming on again, for some matte-black items instead of my usual black patent items. My SO has a pair of black leather Ellie pumps that look great on her, and I think they would look good on me too. A quick perusal of online stores brought me to Snaz75.com, who seem to sell a lot of Ellie products. Does anyone have any experience dealing with them online? Hayway shoes products seem to fit me really well, but placing an order from my current geographic location is prohibively expensive. B)

Sounds like you had quite an adventure there, geo_t. Whether you're going out in heels for the very first time or returning to what I've come to call "the passion", the feeling is always indescribably great, especially in regards to leaving the closet and publicly enjoying something you love. Congrats to you for your outing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the kind words. It sure feels better to have a supportive community now, unlike years ago when I was convinced I was the only guy out there wearing heels.

By the way, Geo-T, a "fetish" involves something of a sexual nature. Unless you're unable to obtain "relief" without wearing heels, it's not a fetish. Rather, it's merely a personal choice of apparel.

Well, you know... :D I don't think I should go into too much detail here (lest this get moved to the fetish forum) but I think that wearing heels (and partaking of other items/behaviour) can end up being a means for "relief". :wink: Maybe the available choice of heels is a subconcious push towards the fetish side - for the longest time the only places I could find heels that fit me was the fetish stores, who had plenty of black, shiny 5" and 6" heels available. I believe we are fortunate now in that more brands are selling larger sizes of "womens" shoes. Too bad a pair of boots I lusted after all winter only go up to a size 10. :fine:

I been reading through yall's experiences and things. I decided to go out tonight in heels. ' It was encouraging. I went somewheres no one from work was gonna run into me, and had a couple brews before quitting the joint. At first, I stood, but later I sat. I think at least some saw Is wearing ehels, but nobody cares.