All I can say is WOW!!!!

JL

There are a few other threads discussing Ballet heels, and I didn't want to hijack them. Anyway... I've been doing the heel thing for the past few months and have aquired several pair (6 or 7) that I keep hidden away from the wife. The other day, I decided that it was high time (no pun intended) that I go to the next level and try a pair of Ballet heels. I went to my favorite online store - Funkypair.com, and searched around until I found the Devious 1025BL. I wear a US 15/16 (men's 13) and have found that most if not all of the time, I have to get my heels in 16. Well, I have not been able to find any Ballets in 16, so I figured I would try them in a 15. If they don't fit, I can return them for a different shoe. They arrived today and I couldn't wait to try them. Oddly enough, they actually fit!!! My toes are not hitting the 'bottom' of the toebox and they lace up nicely. My first reaction after getting the first one laced up was 'Holy $s1t' these things are crazy. I sat down (obviously) and put on the 2nd one and laced it up. I figured that since I have almost mastered 6" stilletos, how bad could these be. Well.... I answered my own question: these things are next to impossible to stand in let alone walk in. Does anyone have any basic tricks to get better flexion to the ankles without the use of foot stretchers or sleeping in the boots overnight?? I doubt there is, but hey - you don't get if you don't ask, right?? I just want to thank everyone on the forum for sharing their experiences with heeling. I wouldn't have EVER gone this far let alone ordering a single pair of heels. I guess I need to grow the strength to start taking the heels (not the ballets) out. Even more, I think I need to fill my wife in at some point, but that will be a whole other story.

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

Congrats on taking the experince up a level there. Hope you enjoy your new boots for quite some time. Who knows.......you may get too used to them to take them off after a while. Enjoy! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

You have to do exercises in them. First put them on whilst sitting (obviously) and then stand up. You may need to hold onto something, a piece of furniture or a willing accomplice. As you stand, try to force your legs as straight as you can and you'll find that you'll want to fall forward, this is quite natural. If you like you can put one foot in front of the other to prevent this. Relax and you'll see your knees bending. keep repeating the process until tou start to ache, at first this will be about a minute. If you ache, sit down and rest. If you like you can end the session and take them off or you can repeat the exercise. After a month or so you should be ready to take your first steps. You will only be able to manage three or four steps so plan your "route" accordingly. You may want to place a strategic chair or plan a small circle back to your chair. Do your stretch exercises beforehand. After a couple of months you will be able to go further and walk from room to room which is the stage I'm at.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd merely add: If you routinely stand with one foot in front of the other, make sure you alternate which foot it is, else you'll stretch the two legs slightly differently.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.