shoe size diffenece between gender?

Griez

why is it such a big shoe size diference between gender? i just cant understand why its so big difference... i know that need to count +2 sizes to fit... but why da heck is needed such a dif?

every human has they own choices...

hmm intresting... maybe its nothing like... i wear 12uk, usa( the same us 46eu) then its means just +1? why then in many e-shops write that need to take +2size if you are man?

It depends on where the shoes are from. I wear a UK 7.5 or EU 41 in both male and female shoes. However in US female sizes I'm a size 10, and would be a 9 in US male sizes. So, as a rough guide add two to your UK size to find your US female size. Where it gets difficult is that the sizes don't convert exactly, for example I have boots in both EU 41 and EU 42 depending on whether they're made in Europe and converted to UK size or vice versa. Some sites also recommend guys to order one size up from normal for high heels (I'd order a UK 8.5 for example) because womens' shoes tend to be narrower. I have fairly narrow feet for a guy anyway, so I just wear my normal male size. To cut a long story short, depending on how women's shoes usually fit you if you're ordering from the UK / EU go for your normal size or plus one. From the US, normal size plus two or three. The only way to know for sure is to try them on, so if you're mail ordering check their returns / exchange policy. Hope this helps, Chris

I find that I am a US 9,5(men's) or a US12 (ladies'). In the UK I am a men's 9 or a ladies' 10 or a EU43 (men's or ladies'). There are differences depending which country the shoes come from and in the case of the UK sizing it's a matter of width.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

yeah... this math is so easly to merge... now only chance to get for me fine fit size hhh is to order, cuz in my country i havn't saw sizes up to 42(eu) for woman. for the narrow/wide... yeah i released that many mans shoes are too wide... they never fit as needed too... my army boots are 1/3 wider then i need usualy its make discomfort to go with them... cuz my foot in they going from one side to another, easy to fall... i cant understand how my friends can normaly like em... even girls...

yeah... this math is so easly to merge...

now only chance to get for me fine fit size hhh is to order, cuz in my country i havn't saw sizes up to 42(eu) for woman.

for the narrow/wide... yeah i released that many mans shoes are too wide... they never fit as needed too... my army boots are 1/3 wider then i need usualy its make discomfort to go with them... cuz my foot in they going from one side to another, easy to fall... i cant understand how my friends can normaly like em... even girls...

Well, I hate to have to be the one to lay the "facts of life" on you, but it goes something like this:

1] the average man is about 20 -25% bigger than the average woman; 2] the average man has about 15% more muscle mass than a woman of equal size and weight; 3] the average man has about 3 to 4 times more power (for short periods of time) than a woman of equal size and weight. In short, men are physically built for both power and speed - that translates into larger hands and arms as well as larger feet and legs. Therefore, the average man will need a woman's shoe about 1.5 to 2 sizes larger than what he normally wears in a man's shoe.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

There are no standards as to what constitutes a US 13 or UK 11 in women's sizes. The decision is based largely on market experience and the choices made by the manufacturer. Most choose to go with some sort of average, but a few tend to make their's larger or smaller than average. Hopefully, all fashion houses will convert to metric, with a comparable accommodation for what constitutes differing widths (proportion of instep girth to length? Duh...) It's not rocket science, but apparently fashion designers are either ill-equipped or unwilling to check out basic algebra. "It's art, not science," says one as he floats by on riches made by unsuspecting customers who thought they'd be getting a size 13 and in reality, it was a size 12, marked a size 13 on the whim of a fashion designer... I think Zappos feedback has done a great job of calling them to task, however. A lot of companies have begun adjusting their sizes in response to the comments posted there, as a failure to do so would have resulted in lost sales.

As I've said elsewhere, EURO46 = M/13;F/15 USA. There are several sizing systems and it is very easy to get them confused. For example, most longer term posters will recall when 6" Heels came on line. Their Chinese system created a lot of confusion on these boards. It took me app. 20 email to find out I couldn't get anything I wanted from them because of my size. That didn't stop them from trying to sell me those crappy hiphop things they USED to carry!

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

As I've said elsewhere, EURO46 = M/13;F/15 USA. There are several sizing systems and it is very easy to get them confused. For example, most longer term posters will recall when 6" Heels came on line. Their Chinese system created a lot of confusion on these boards.

It took me app. 20 email to find out I couldn't get anything I wanted from them because of my size. That didn't stop them from trying to sell me those crappy hiphop things they USED to carry!

AHhh So. The Chinese system.:rocker: Ancient proverb: Bad luck to buy Chinese shoe without first trying on.

I can't be entirely sure, but I think that about the only thing the Chinese system has going for it is that there is no difference between a man's shoe size and a woman's shoe size. Other than that, I have til yet to find where their system relates to anything. (BTW Check out Is This True in the Rant forum for an interesting discussion on sizes and measurements.)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

As I've said elsewhere, EURO46 = M/13;F/15 USA. There are several sizing systems and it is very easy to get them confused. For example, most longer term posters will recall when 6" Heels came on line. Their Chinese system created a lot of confusion on these boards.

It took me app. 20 email to find out I couldn't get anything I wanted from them because of my size. That didn't stop them from trying to sell me those crappy hiphop things they USED to carry!

Living in Europe, I can always fit into a Euro 45, and I'm an 11.5 US Male and a 13 US Female. Sizing charts vary widly, but I've never found that I've been able to fit into anything differently.

I guess that I don't fit the mold anywhere. All I know is this--- 1. My male shoe size is a 7.5D. 2. My female heel size is a 7.5M in a shoe. A 7M in a sandal. 3. My female heeled boot size is a 9M. So---go figure. These shoes and boots are all bought in the U.S.of A. through mail-order catalogs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

AHhh So. :rocker: Ancient proverb: Bad luck to buy shoe without first trying on.

(BTW Check out Is This True in the Rant forum for an interesting discussion on sizes and measurements.

My personal experience has been that I can fairly consistantly fit a size 10 in USA women's shoes. However, I sometimes find differences in both the men's and women's shoes - especially if they're manufactured in some other country. So the ancient proverb still goes - try it before you buy it.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

AHhh So. :rocker: Ancient proverb: Bad luck to buy shoe without first trying on.

(BTW Check out Is This True in the Rant forum for an interesting discussion on sizes and measurements.

My personal experience has been that I can fairly consistantly fit a size 10 in USA women's shoes. However, I sometimes find differences in both the men's and women's shoes - especially if they're manufactured in some other country. So the ancient proverb still goes - try it before you buy it.

I Agree with GuyPosted ImageN. Heels. Try before you buy.

real men wear heels