This is interesting

rosbergs3

I originally found this site from onee that had alot of questions and answers about people (women) wearing high heels and it mentioned men wearing them too. I then typed into "google" "men wearing high heels" and i found this site. Its very interesting to say the least. I never realized men (straight men at that) would want to wear high heels out in public. I have a pair of platform shoes that i once had made for me from a cobbler in Canada. They have 5' inch heels with 2' inch platforms. They are black and look very masculine. Thats the extent of my heel wearing in public. I also have a blue pair that i bought off of ebay under the pretense they were "mens platform shoes". They werent though. They were womens shoes in a mens size so they have been sitting in the back of my closet ever since gathering dust. I like the idea of wearing a shoe with a big, tall heel but i could never wear womens shoes or something that looked even remotely feminine. Thats why i like mens platforms. I've always wished a company would buck the system and come out with an awesome line of masculine looking heels for men. I'd be all over that. There is one "feminine" thing i dont mind indulging in and that is perfume. I am a big cologne/perfume junkie and i wear ALL types of scents. I could care less if they are marketed to women or even dogs and cats. If it smells good, i'll spray it on me. Some of my favorite scents that are marketed to women are Youth Dew, Pure Poison, and Diorissimo.

:admin_welcome: to the forum rosbergs3

Rick Owens has designed shoes with a small platform and 4" heel for men. In the same season, Hedi Slimane, the designer for Dior Homme, came out with 6cm heels for men, resembling a modern Cuban heel.

Neither of the looks were adopted my more mainstream shoe designers though. You can find some pics in This Thread.

Glad to have you here and hope you make many new wonderful friendships that last for years to come.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

First of all "welcome to the forum"! I also hope you find many friends here. Speaking to the idea of men in heels, there are alot more men in heels than you think. Of course some men have no fear of wearing what ever they choose, (some what like your feelings for perfumes) Most will seach out a more masculine looking heel. I am in heels every day at work! For the work day I choose a more taylored shoe. (Something with a 2.5 or 3 inch stacked heel and a rounded toe. They are more comfortable standing all day in them) After work I have no problems in a stiletto. My suggestion is to dig out those platforms from your closet dust em off and slip em on. Youl be surprised they that most people won't even notice and the ones that do won't care. Give it a try!

A BIG HELLO rosbergs3, you'll be right at home here.

MrStiletto, ditto, I wear heels every day and have been doing so for over a year now. Anything from 2" to 4" for work, usually boots with either thicker heels or a thick stiletto (the only way I can describe them) on my knee boots. All have a rounded toe so they dont lok wrong poking out from my trousers. I realy enjoy wearing heels every day and have yet to have a comment said to me.Just proves the point that has been said so often before, so rosbergs3, get 'em out, dust 'em off and just go about your normal daily routine.

Kneehighs, having reviewed that picture of Rick Owens you mentioned, perhaps that pic should find its way into the fashion spot, after all he looks just fine and I would be very interested to see the reaction.

TB2

Kneehighs, What the heck, did it myself.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

First of all "welcome to the forum"! I also hope you find many friends here. Speaking to the idea of men in heels, there are alot more men in heels than you think. Of course some men have no fear of wearing what ever they choose, (some what like your feelings for perfumes) Most will seach out a more masculine looking heel...

My suggestion is to dig out those platforms from your closet dust em off and slip em on. Youl be surprised they that most people won't even notice and the ones that do won't care.

Give it a try!

Welcome to our forum, I'm glad you found us.

In the final analysis the only real difference between a "man's" shoe and a "woman's" shoe is who is wearing it. The shoe itself doesn't care and neither do most people. In my experience, unless yer wearing neon lights your shoes will likely never get noticed. I've had more people to comment on my earrings than my shoes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Indeed. Shoes do not have gender. Just because they are marketed at a particular section of the community does not mean that others cannot wear them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Definately a big welcome!

I agree with Dr. Shoe. I've seem some very masculine-looking heels in the ladies department, and have seen some very feminine-looking flats in the men's department.

It's not the height of the heel that makes it masculine or feminine, but rather, the style as we perceive it based upon our conditioning. We've been conditioned to view lace as feminine, yet just 200 years ago lace was commonly worn by men. Back then it was perceived as a sign of affluence, as it had to be hand-stitched, which was expensive. Same went for heels, which were worn by men for more than 200 years. After heights were 2 to 3 inches, but heels 4 inches and occasionally the 5 inch heel were around, too. Again, heels were expensive.

I wear heels because I'm more at home wearing heels than I am wearing flats. It's also less antagonizing to an old ankle injury for me to be in heels. It's nothing to do with a fetish for me, nor do I consider wearing a heel to be "crossdressing" by itself, as that label carries additional connotations that just don't apply. Sometimes I wear skirts, too, but again, since men have worn skirts for the last 50,000 years or two, I don't accept a crossdressing label on that, either, particularly when a third of all men around the world still wear skirts and other male unbifurcated garments (MUGs) on a regular basis.

Some links:

MUGs Around The World

GID Reform

I only added the latter to demonstrate how close we are to overturning the socio/psycho-babel balogna that's been perpetuated by those who really do not understand that not everyone is cut from the same mold, and that all aspects of human sexuality cannot be categorized, as they follow a continuum, and where does one draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not? By whether or not some idiot takes a disliking to it? By whether or not some shrink with very little familiarity looks it up in a book (DSM-IV) that even mainstream psychologists are claiming is grossly in error with respect to gender issues? To me, that's insane! Not wearing a pair of shoes with heels higher than most in my gender wear, and certainly wearing a MUG, which is worn by a third of all men around the world.

Rosbergs3:-) Interesting---very interesting, to say the least. Welcome to the Forum. You certainly have come to the right place. Wearing women's perfumes causes you no problem, but you won't wear women's shoes? Heck---we all do it here. Get them out, dust them off and start wearing them under boot-cut women's jeans like I and a lot of us all do. And out in public, too. Your missing out on a lot of fun. Once I take a pair of heeled shoes or boots out of the box and put them on my feet, they instantly are no longer women's footwear, but MY footwear, and I enjoy wearing them out in public as much as possible. A little aside--- When I met Mickey on our first date 38 years ago, she was wearing Youth Dew perfume. My, God did she smell so tantalizing, and she still wears it to this day. I never tried it myself, but a lot of it sure did rub off on me since. Sure do love the stuff and the person wearing it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!