Good News? Womens Feet Getting Bigger?

drumitt

I think us guys that have struggled in the past to "streetheel" because of our shoe size to find a good full selection of high heel footwear may see some changes in the future. My size is somewhere between a US womens 11 and 12, and as a result it's hard to find much other than your completely outrageous fetish stuff (which I love also) or your "Payless" street styles which for our sizes are always "limited" to say the least. But to find something really cool which looks great to us, but doesn't stand out too much to others (you know what I mean?) is virtually impossible. The only thing I see happening is I think womens feet are getting bigger. My daughter for instance is only 13 years old, average build and weight but she already has size 10 fet! And when I've quizzed her about this and how this compares to her classmates, she's not out of the ordinary. it must be a genetics thing. For us middle aged heelers, I really do think that shoe manufacturers are soon going to have to start making all styles with great high heels right through to maybe a 13? This is only a matter of time and I don't think it will be long. I was in a shoe store th other day (pretending to look at the mens crap) when I overheard a young lady customer ask the assistant about the availability of a certain style in a size 10. The assistant replied, "Most of the 10's and 11's go as soon as we get then in." This leads me to believe that my perceptions are correct and soon the manufacturesr will be considering 8 thru 12 as a "normal" shoe size for women. Promising eh? Regards, drumitt

Hi! Yeah, man, I know what you're talking about. And, although I'm a little envious about all you guys from the U.S. who have lots of Payless (I've seen a couple of interesting styles at Payless in my size (12) when I was on a business trip to Boston in June this year) stores around your areas you live in, I've already noticed that even here in Germany certain women-shoe-styles at 'Deichmann' (for example) are being sold in sizes up to a EU42 (this is supposed to be a US Ladies 11). This is way more than a couple of years ago when you only had just one or two styles in that size but rather looked like grandma's boots. So, we'll see... CU! -Mike

Yeah, I understand perfectly. There are many women in Poland that have large-sized feet, and they're having difficulty getting footwear. I've visited some shoe shops, and the "women's" sizes go up to 41EU. The sales assistants are usually very open-minded and seem to understand my desire to wear some nicer shoes/ boots (heck, maybe they had male customers who wanted to buy "women's" footwear earlier?), but the fashion industry still doesn't.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Sounds great except for one little problem. What if the men's shoe sizes are growing at the same (or even greater) rate as the ladies shoe sizes. "You can stand still while running if everyone else is running at the same speed"

It's actually a nuitrition thing, and possibly (although this hasn't been proven conclusively, yet), a xeno-hormonal thing, whereby manmade chemicals in our environments are telling our bodies to grow larger than they would in the absense of these chemicals. Good exercise helps, as well, as it causes the bones to grow slightly larger than without exercise. The good news is that some shoe companies have responded. Nordstroms, founded by a gentleman from The Netherlands (which sports the tallest people in the world, anyway), has long carried much larger sizes than most women's shoe stores. Zappos is currently the leader for it's large selection of high-heeled shoes (3" and up). Some of the other non-fetish online shops are starting to carry a few sizes in higher heels. And Dansko just introduced a few size 13 styles in it's line of hh women's clogs, shoes, and boots!