Carnival time

Fog

I noticed this in the metro this morning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=406773&in_page_id=1770

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006340460,00.html

All power to him I say.

When I did the audition there were a few in the audience who didn’t know what to make of me.

“But then others said, ‘If you’ve got the balls to do it, go for it’.”

He added: “There will be a few bigots who might not approve, but I’m hoping to show I’ve enough confidence to carry it off.

He certainly looks like he's got the balls and the confidence to pull it off. I wish I'd known what I wanted and been brave enough to go for it at fifteen. Never mind, it's never too late.

"All power to him" - I absolutely agree with that statement. Unfortunately, in the eyes of the man (& woman) in the street, this incident just helps to reinforce two age-old misconceptions:- - Gay men like to wear women's clothes - if you wear womens clothes, you are gay Speaking as a 'heterosexual heeler', I would love to one day see the end of that sort of knee-jerk stereotyping. And the sooner the better, as I am running out of places to hide my heels!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Good for him! :evil: I'll bet he is on Cloud Nine right now. It reminds me a bit of that "lad" (egads, I'm sounding English words off now) from American Idol who was andro in his appearance. Seems like todays youth are more boldly advertising their gender bending identities. One reservation I have about the article is the mention of the word "gay" in the headline, in the intro, and in the conclusion.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

"All power to him" - I absolutely agree with that statement.

Unfortunately, in the eyes of the man (& woman) in the street, this incident just helps to reinforce two age-old misconceptions:-

- Gay men like to wear women's clothes

- if you wear womens clothes, you are gay

Speaking as a 'heterosexual heeler', I would love to one day see the end of that sort of knee-jerk stereotyping. And the sooner the better, as I am running out of places to hide my heels!

I read the report in the metro and the articles I found were from the Sun and the Daily Mail - what can you expect from those organs? I included both as they had different pictures. But why do you have to hide your heels? If you know you're not gay does it matter what anyone else thinks? People will judge you on you, everything about you, your clothes -stylish or not, your confidence or your lack of it and the way you present yourself.

But why do you have to hide your heels? If you know you're not gay does it matter what anyone else thinks? People will judge you on you, everything about you, your clothes -stylish or not, your confidence or your lack of it and the way you present yourself.

You posit a convincing argument monsieur but, personally speaking, I can't see all that many up-sides to 'coming out'.

I don't think it's something that I could easily explain or rationalise (for want of better words) to my kiddies or to my mother-in-law for instance.

Unlike my heels, I will have to stay in the closet for a while longer yet. :evil:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 4 weeks later...

You posit a convincing argument monsieur but, personally speaking, I can't see all that many up-sides to 'coming out'.

I don't think it's something that I could easily explain or rationalise (for want of better words) to my kiddies or to my mother-in-law for instance.

Unlike my heels, I will have to stay in the closet for a while longer yet. :evil:

The mother in law is a tough one - at least my late ex one was. I must see myself as lucky to be in a stage of my life where I don't have those responsibilities. Kids all in their twenties - although I thought, What if my daughter saw me now, which was perfectly possible as I travelled through Clapham Junction today in my blue J-Los.

• 3 months later...

...I thought, What if my daughter saw me now, which was perfectly possible as I travelled through Clapham Junction today in my blue J-Los.

You present an interesting question. Since my daughter (21) doesn't wear heels but seems to prefer bib-overalls and work boots, I really don't concern myself about what she thinks. I try to tell her not to be scruffy, but youngsters these days don't listen anyway. So occasionally I'll ask her what she thinks about a kilt or a skirt I have on, but it's no big deal.:wink:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels