One Question, for experinced guy heel wearers

shaq91

I love the heels that i posted before, and always try to wear them in privacy. I was wondering, i broke a pair of my mom's shoes already. Maybe i walk in them wrong. Can you please explain exactly how to walk on the floor & on the gorund & on the stairs up and down. I read other people directions but i would like to hear some of your directions

banned for not sticking to website rules or guidelines

First, if you don't work your way up gradually, you'll overcompensate for tightly stretched muscles and tendons, and will learn how to walk in appropriates.

If it doesn't feel natural, you find yourself bending forward, or a bit wobbly, the heel is too high for you at this stage. Go to a lower heel that feels natural, and practice, practice, practice. When it's absolutely second nature, and you can wear them throughout the day without pain, move up 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and start again.

In addition to helping you to learn how to walk in heels the right way, this way, between 2-1/2" heels to 4" heels, you gain between three and six pair of shoes!

Here are two very good links which discuss the issue in more detail:

http://shoes.about.com/od/fashionfootwear/ht/walk_high_heels.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_16007_walk-high-heels.html

I love the heels that i posted before, and always try to wear them in privacy. I was wondering, i broke a pair of my mom's shoes already. Maybe i walk in them wrong. Can you please explain exactly how to walk on the floor & on the gorund & on the stairs up and down. I read other people directions but i would like to hear some of your directions

Well, I told you so. :evil:

The first big mistake that most novice heel wearers make is to try and walk in relatively high stillettos. The new heel wearer needs to start out on a fairly low wide heel - about 3 inches. I personally recommend wedgies with fairly wide heels that support the foot well. :D The new wearer needs to practice walking on these until they can sit, rise, walk, climb stairs, and even run for short distances without even thinking about their shoes. :) Then the wearer can start to increase the heel height in 1/4 to 1/2 inch increments going through the same practice at every stage. :D Only after this has been mastered at about the 4" to 4.5" level, should one attempt the spikes. Here again, the wearer will find that stillettos are a different ball game. One's balance is more precarious; extra care must be taken to be mindful of where one steps; rough pavements and surfaces should be avoided. Deep carpets can translate into a broken heel and/or a trip to the doctor. :D

BTW, there are other threads around here that talk about how to wear and walk in heels. :D

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

He has found out, and she thought that they broke when they fell from the top of the closet. But they were alreasy broken by me. So, tell me exactly to walk correctly, so i dont break it again.

banned for not sticking to website rules or guidelines

Step-by-step instructions to become a heeler: 1). Get your own pair. That way if you cause scuffs, breakage or other damage you don't have to come up with excuses. 2). Get a pair that fit properly. Improperly fitting heels are excruciating and probably account for 95% of the "My feet are killing me" complaints. 3). Don't go overboard right at the start. Start out with 2.5 - 3 inch heels at the beginning, and look for a block-type heel because these offer more support. Plus, a 2.5" heel on a loafer looks nondescript enough that you should be able to wear them almost anywhere. This will build your confidence as you grow accustomed to them. 4). Insert your feet in the usual manner. 5). Stand up. Enjoy the feeling of the elevated heel as you gather your balance. 6). Pick up your right (or left) foot and place it ahead of your left (or right) foot. Shift your weight to your right (or left) foot. 7). Regain your balance. 8 ). Pick up your left (or right) foot and place it ahead of your right (or left) foot. Shift your weight again. 9). Regain your balance. 10). Go to step 6 until you arrive at your destination. When you no longer have to think about your heels, when they become a natural extension of your feet, you may "graduate" to a higher heel (just like we do here by posting). You will be prancing in 5" stilettos in no time!

Have a happy time!

Here are some pics of some very good heels in which you can practice, and that you can wear with long pants without anyone giving you any grief. All except one is available up to size 13 on Shoedini. The first three have 3" heels, while the last two are about 2-1/2" heels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wearing heels of these heights until they're like second nature will help prepare you to go higher but avoid aberrant learning issues (learning how to walk incorrectly).

He has found out, and she thought that they broke when they fell from the top of the closet. But they were alreasy broken by me. So, tell me exactly to walk correctly, so i dont break it again.

At the risk of sounding redundant, you first need to get your own shoes that fit correctly. Improperly fitting shoes are a sure invitation to disaster; plus having yer own shoes reduces the possibility of personal tensions between you and yer mum, sister, or whoever's shoes you are "borrowing". Then you need to follow the advice of those who have already posted on this and in other threads about how to walk in heels. You need to remember that learning to walk in heels is not too different from learning how to ride a bike. It's not a natural thing and unless you are willing to take it easy and practice, you can expect a few tumbles. Also, you need to start out on the lower heels and work yer way up to the higher ones. Don't think you can start out walking on 5" or 6" stillettoes. Unless yer a very remarkable person, you will not be successful.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

At the risk of sounding redundant, you first need to get your own shoes that fit correctly. Improperly fitting shoes are a sure invitation to disaster; plus having yer own shoes reduces the possibility of personal tensions between you and yer mum, sister, or whoever's shoes you are "borrowing".

Absolutely, and at the risk of sounding like your mum - If she doesn't know about your "borrowing" them, then you're not really borrowing at all - sound's more like taking to me.

I had a similar situation with my daughter - several times she stole my Dr. Martens work boots to go to school. Actually it was the exact reverse of your situation - she was stealing her father's male boots. I really wasn't happy with her at the age of about 14, just taking my stuff.

Step-by-step instructions to become a heeler:

1). Get your own pair. That way if you cause scuffs, breakage or other damage you don't have to come up with excuses.

2). Get a pair that fit properly. Improperly fitting heels are excruciating and probably account for 95% of the "My feet are killing me" complaints.

3). Don't go overboard right at the start. Start out with 2.5 - 3 inch heels at the beginning, and look for a block-type heel because these offer more support. Plus, a 2.5" heel on a loafer looks nondescript enough that you should be able to wear them almost anywhere. This will build your confidence as you grow accustomed to them.

4). Insert your feet in the usual manner.

5). Stand up. Enjoy the feeling of the elevated heel as you gather your balance.

6). Pick up your right (or left) foot and place it ahead of your left (or right) foot. Shift your weight to your right (or left) foot.

7). Regain your balance.

8 ). Pick up your left (or right) foot and place it ahead of your right (or left) foot. Shift your weight again.

9). Regain your balance.

10). Go to step 6 until you arrive at your destination.

When you no longer have to think about your heels, when they become a natural extension of your feet, you may "graduate" to a higher heel (just like we do here by posting). You will be prancing in 5" stilettos in no time!

one thing you forgot. When walking try to heel toe walk, that is is the one thing that will make things easiest for you to walk. But there is a down point to that one. Heel toe walking is the biggest action that will break tall stiletto heels if not done right . That is the main reason new heelers MUST start with lower heel height. I agree with Guy N, Heels wedges are great to start out with. You can work your way up to a 4 inch raise and still feel like you are supported by a flat shoe. Once you can walk well in them switching to a block or stiletto shoud be easy

What exactly is heel toe walk?

Heel contacts the ground first and then the toe. One must not put their full weight on the heel alone however, until the toe is down before transfering their full weight to the shoe. This is really the proper way to walk in high heels. Anyone who says toe first is full of it. Just try it and find out how awkward it is.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think you can start out walking on 5" or 6" stillettoes. Unless yer a very remarkable person, you will not be successful.

Not to be negative, but just realistic, when I say "ditto." I'd like to add that going too high too fast invites injury to a joint (your ankle) which isn't designed for high heels, and takes several months of conditioning before it can handle the additional stresses safely, just like all the other joints in your body.

Consider weightlifting - if your limit for 8 reps was 130 lbs, you wouldn't go for 1 rep at 200 lbs, as you'd likely pop something. Instead, you'd go to 12 reps at 130 (sets of three) before upping the weight to 140, then 150, etc.

Do the same with heels.

Furthermore, mix the variety. A wedge feels different and stresses different parts of your muscles, tendons, and ankle joint than a spike or block heel.

If I had to come up with a regimen, I'd recommend for a beginning height anything you can comfortably wear all day long, and I do mean all day. Then, up it by 1/2" increments until you can comfortably wear the next 1/2" increment all day, for several days, without discomfort.

Also, bear in mind there are sources of discomfort which haven't anything to do with the heel height, pinched toes being the big one, followed by plantar (ball of the foot) numbness, etc. If you're experiencing these, or blisters, the shoe is not for you. Well constructed heels do NOT produce these symptoms.

For example: I walked the length of three airports in the last 24 hours in a pair of half-pointed-toe mid-calf boots with a 3-1/2" tapered heel. Beautiful boots, and the only thing that says "woman's shoe" is the heel, which largely goes unnoticed, as it's fairly quiet, even on hard floors.

My point is that these are from Payless, which in my experience is notorious for producing ill-fitting shoes, so I am very surprised to have found these babies there.

Then again, they're by Predictions, which is about the only Payless shoe with which I've had repetitive success:

Posted Image