other people think?

sorry about the subject title, i don't know what to say. who here hates it when people know more, your trying to learn, but yet they seem that behind their words they look down on you, and they think their way is right.

Ting4Heels

Some people are just not effective communicators. Most are oblivious to what they are doing. The best way to deal with it as a recipient is to let them know that their tone is condescending and harsh. Most will change, at least for you, upon knowing that they are offending you. Others just learn to take the message for what it is and block out all emotion. I probably do that one more than anything; if I'm trying to learn something, I'm too busy taking in the info to worry about the sentiment in their voice.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I think we heelers have to develop a bit of a "thick skin", to the point where we don't really give a rip about what other people think. It's called "survival". Some people seem to think a little bit of knowledge puts them on a higher plane than the rest of us. I guess that if somebody wants to be boorish and inconsiderate, the best thing to do is let them be so. Just realize who you're dealing with, learn as much as you can and maybe someday you can really enjoy passing them by. Nice guys don't always finish last.

Have a happy time!

And some people really do have a bit more (or a lot more) knowledge than the rest of us. Take Dr. Shoe, for example - he's quite well-versed in everything having to do with heels. But I don't see him as being one that lords it over others or speaks condescendingly. Nevertheless, when someone is sharing their knowledge, it can seem consdescending, even when it's not. That's all part of debate. Similarly, JimC is very knowledgeable about guns, way, way more than I know, yet when he speaks I don't feel like he's being condescending, even if he were to disagree with something I'd posted and put me in my place! But I choose to recognize that his expertise does exceed my own in that area. On the other hand, I probably know more about flying than he does.

^ Exactaroo, and that's why I was incensed at the way people were talking of you in that wikipedia talk page thingy. People who knew nothing about something you possessed a wealth of knowledge about figured they could shut you down simply because THEY didn't know about MUGs, then said your language was more "talking down" than "talking to." However, there are office managers et al who will speak to their office workers as if their sole intent is public humiliation.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I dislike when people say and do different things. they say that they are your friends but act totally different, body language, tone of voice, and atittueds. example: someone at work told me that they will be friends with me, and added me to their myspace friends list, but with in time (say four weeks). i was deleted, and no longer able to view her profile nor her blogs. i do not know what i did wrong, therefor i can not fix the things i need to work on if it bugs her, why not tell me what is bugging her and find the reasons why i do things, and maybe help me in some way, so that i may not continue hurting people. am i a mind reader? am i suppose to know when or what i am doing wrong? if they don't want to be friends with me just say something, and i will stop bugging them. and if they don't tell me what is bugging them, i can't stop or work on that situation so i won't scare off other people. *sighs*

Ting4Heels

^ Exactaroo, and that's why I was incensed at the way people were talking of you in that wikipedia talk page thingy. People who knew nothing about something you possessed a wealth of knowledge about figured they could shut you down simply because THEY didn't know about MUGs, then said your language was more "talking down" than "talking to."

However, there are office managers et al who will speak to their office workers as if their sole intent is public humiliation.

Hi, Danielle - I sincerely appreciate your words of encouragement.

While searching for information or content on MUGs on Wiki, I ran across another person's home page. He's called mugaliens, and one comment hints that he's interested in this topic, as well. I may be able to persuade him to rewrite the page properly. He's some bang-up edits on other pages, so...

• 1 month later...

I think we heelers have to develop a bit of a "thick skin", to the point where we don't really give a rip about what other people think. It's called "survival".

Some people seem to think a little bit of knowledge puts them on a higher plane than the rest of us. ... Just realize who you're dealing with, learn as much as you can and maybe someday you can really enjoy passing them by.

Well, some people call that "thick skin" "BARK", like a tree. So when ya meet someone who can take a lot of needling we say, "he's got a lot of bark." Furthermore, guys that don't have a lot of bark should forget about wearing heels in public.

As for me, my heels are the only things that put me on a higher plane than anyone else. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels