Premeditated Social Provocation

Magickman

"Premeditated Social Provocation," were the words I used at the singles dance, to explain to the three women who approached me, why I was wearing white, strappy, 4" wedge sandals, six hoop earrings, and blue glitter polish on my fingernails and toenails. Two out of three were bent out of shape, and couldn't seem to understand why a guy would do this. "How do you expect to meet women?" asked one. "Why do you do that?" asked the other. I offered my explanations, which they didn't much like. The point is, I am telling you, that I was just standing there, and these women approached me to initiate conversation. Not all gals will be appreciative of my efforts. I know that. The third one looked at me, and said, "You're more feminine than I am!" I demurred, and gave her the Premeditated Social Provocation story. She bought it. For the balance of the evening, I tossed her around on the dance floor,like a rag doll, spinning her like a top. Me in my 4" wedges, and her barefoot. It must have been quite a sight. The other dancers seemed to enjoy the spectacle. At least, we both got our exercise. Good clean fun, I call it. No, not all women can dig the man in heels. Some are quite put off. But in this instance, even the put off ones came over to talk to me. Something must have drawn them in. It is not my physical beauty, nor my tall, lanky frame. I possess neither of those attributes. The reason they approached me, was because I was different in my personal style, than all the other men at the dance. The lesson here, if there is one, is that you can express your own personal style, however you like, and the sky will not fall. Women are attracted by the man in heels, even if not all of them in a positive way. It draws them in. When a woman introduces herself to the man in heels, you never have to worry, about later revealing your secret love of tall shoes. She already knows. And maybe she likes it.

I can't remeber who said it, it might have been kneehighs. Roughly a third of women won't like it, a third won't care and the remaining third will love it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I can't remeber who said it, it might have been kneehighs. Roughly a third of women won't like it, a third won't care and the remaining third will love it.

Not bad odds :roll:

That's a pretty good threshold for the general populace. I wonder who swells/deflates that number, culture-wise. But I do buy into it for the most part

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Based on my own experience there seems to be some truth to it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Shafted,

here my experiences after 5 years on the street with high heels. I'm convinced that there is a big difference between the reaction of the people and how they are thinking about me. Let me try an estimation:

The reaction on the street at broad daylight by the women

2% refusing (mostly giggling teen girls), 80% behaving as if I would wear the most normal shoes of the world, 15% looking curiously, 2% smiling very nice and 1 % giving a compliment. The girls from the two last categories were nearly all wearing highheels themselves :oops:

My estimation for the guys is 5%/90%/4%/0.5%/0.5%, The first 5% and the last 0.5% are at least 80% immigrants, interesting :roll:

But the behavior on the street isn't a mirror of what people are really thinking. For gods sake the big majority is tolerant enough not to cry out their refusal loudly on the street. I can't look in the brains of foreign people. My estimation for the women

40% don't like men on heels, 30% don't care fore it and 30% like it. I'm sure that a part of the 40% is simply jealous; they are afraid to loose their fashion privileges!

For the guys 70%/20%/10%. A little compliment for the tolerance of the guys. In their deepest inner the big majority can't never imagine high heels on their own feet. But I'm sure that at least 5% is thinking otherwise. My last numbers: not more than 5% of the guys have ever worn high heels in public. Mostly on a party or in carnival. Regular heels wearers on the street 0.05% :oops:

My data are naturally only estimations. In the best case valid for Frankfurt/Germany. But also in Salt Lake City/Utah? Nobody cared ever for a scientific research on high heels wearing men. It's all a grey area.

What are your experiences? And which of my numbers seem to you definitely wrong? I'm asking not only guys from the western world :wink:

micha (*curious*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

It's kind of funny but most of the people who don't like it are of generations older than me. I'm finding at least where I live that teenagers seem to be the most accepting. I suspect it's the natural rebel within them. There are exceptions with the teenagers of course, who are just plain rude and intolorant. They seem to be a minority. I have been recieving many positive comment, mostly from women, but occasionally from men as well. I find that the more comfortable I become in heels the more comfortable people around me become. I usually recieve positive comments on a daily basis, usually from women, but not always. I think that a lot of people are under the impression that I am having the time of my life in heels, and they're right. I think the fact that the thirds estimate has something to do with my personality and complete willingness to interact with other people. I think that people are more likely to judge the entire package rather than what I happen to be wearing on my feet. The reality is I recieve many more positive comment than negative ones. There are many cases where I recieve not comment at all. In many of those however is is not always convenient for them to respond to what I'm wearing on my feet.

I don't think a guy has ever complimented my women's footwear in person. I'm a horrible judge of age, but I'd venture to say that 80 percent of the approving looks/comments I've gotten have been from women within 5 years of my age either direction (I'm 22, so that would be 17 to 27). and if I've made anyone feel old... my apologies. All my life my friends have been older than me if that makes you feel better :roll:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

"How do you expect to meet women?" asked one.

The only possible response would be "I just met you three, didn't I?"

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

[quote name='"Magickman...I was wearing white, strappy, 4" wedge sandals, six hoop earrings, and blue glitter polish on my fingernails and toenails...

[/quote']

Well, 6 earrings and glitter nail polish to boot sounds a bit much. :roll: Still, I am convinced that the main reason most women object to men in heels is that they see this as some sort of invasion of their domain. :x Never mind the fact that they have been deliberately invading the male fashion domain for centuries.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I am convinced that the main reason most women object to men in heels is that they see this as some sort of invasion of their domain. :x Never mind the fact that they have been deliberately invading the male fashion domain for centuries.

I'm inclined to agree on both accounts, and the fact that women hate it when two of them show up at a party in the same outfit underscores this fact - they like to be different. This explains why 3/4ths of the floorspace of most major clothing stores are devoted to women. It's not like they have 3/4 of the sales, but that they require 3 times the selection.

Hi Shafted,

here my experiences after 5 years on the street with high heels. I'm convinced that there is a big difference between the reaction of the people and how they are thinking about me. Let me try an estimation:

The reaction on the street at broad daylight by the women

2% refusing (mostly giggling teen girls), 80% behaving as if I would wear the most normal shoes of the world, 15% looking curiously, 2% smiling very nice and 1 % giving a compliment. The girls from the two last categories were nearly all wearing highheels themselves :oops:

My estimation for the guys is 5%/90%/4%/0.5%/0.5%, The first 5% and the last 0.5% are at least 80% immigrants, interesting :roll:

But the behavior on the street isn't a mirror of what people are really thinking. For gods sake the big majority is tolerant enough not to cry out their refusal loudly on the street. I can't look in the brains of foreign people. My estimation for the women

40% don't like men on heels, 30% don't care fore it and 30% like it. I'm sure that a part of the 40% is simply jealous; they are afraid to loose their fashion privileges!

For the guys 70%/20%/10%. A little compliment for the tolerance of the guys. In their deepest inner the big majority can't never imagine high heels on their own feet. But I'm sure that at least 5% is thinking otherwise. My last numbers: not more than 5% of the guys have ever worn high heels in public. Mostly on a party or in carnival. Regular heels wearers on the street 0.05% :oops:

My data are naturally only estimations. In the best case valid for Frankfurt/Germany. But also in Salt Lake City/Utah? Nobody cared ever for a scientific research on high heels wearing men. It's all a grey area.

What are your experiences? And which of my numbers seem to you definitely wrong? I'm asking not only guys from the western world :wink:

micha (*curious*)

Well said

Micha, various scientifically-conducted polls reveal that more than half of all men between the age of 20 and 50 have tried on a pair of heels, that 30% have done so more than once, voluntarily, not because they were coerced at some party but because they wanted to know what if felt like, that 10% have done so on some sort of regular basis, and that 2% have done so on a continual basis, with about 1/10th of that 2% actually having worn heels in public, and not for some stunt (like the Amsterdam heel sprint), but because wearing heels in public is what they wanted to do. Even if you just look at the lowest category, two out of a thousand men is a lot of men. Given the 30% who've worn heels more than once because they wanted to know what it's like, that's an awful lot of men - 1 in 3. It's no wonder that men are as supportive as they are. I'm willing to bet that if the styles came out that appealed to men, heels on men would become a solid fashion trend. I think the style that would work the best would be like those in the Harley Davidson line of boots, but without the flash. They're great boots, but sadly, their sizes end at 11. I find this a horrible shame, as they're a mid-heeled (3"), often round-toed boot made of real leather. If I could find them in my size, I'd probably own half a dozen pair! They're cool, tough, intriguing, without being feminine (except for the fact that they have a heel).

Dr1819:-)

That's an amazing set of statistics if they are confirmed to be accurate. It appears that there are a lot of heel lurkers out there more than we think.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've done a good bit of second-hand research on the numbers over the last two years. The studies vary considerably in their stats, and it was a bit difficult digging through them all, as they often lump CD and TV together. Perhaps at one time they were synonomous, but they've come to mean two different things. For example, if I put on a dress, I'm a CD. If I add curves and accessories, I'm a TV, whether I'm trying to pass or not. However, if I were to wear just one piece of women's clothing, such as a pair of nylons, because I was aroused by doing so, then I'd be a TV fetishist, which, by the way, is the only category that the DSM-IV classifies as "abnormal." CD, TS, GLB are now all classified as normal.

As for lurkers, let's take a more popular thread, The Adventures of KneeHighs as an example: 116 posts, but 11,278 reads. That's 97 times as many reads as posts. Definately a lot of lurkers!