Dream Analysis

Danielinheels

I was talking to a friend of mine on Yahoo; I was telling her of a dream I had, and if she possibly had any explanation. She couldn't, so I'll share our conversation and see what you guys can come up with (PLEASE, don't PM her out of the blue. Thanks) danielinheels: I had a weird dream last night countesss_kitty: oh? countesss_kitty: about? danielinheels: It was weird, a bunch of friends from HS were all in town for a wedding, whose wedding it was I'll never know danielinheels: so, my dream's eyes are watching all these people convene to this wedding resort type of place, and I'm nowhere to be seen among them danielinheels: at some point though, my dream's eyes finally caught me, and the view switched to my POV danielinheels: I was wearing all-white - a white blazer, the bottom half of a wedding train, and white 5" heels countesss_kitty: LOL countesss_kitty: really? danielinheels: yeah, really danielinheels: so then I'm hearing conversations, but I can't make out what they're saying though I'm sure lots of it had to do with my ensemble du jour danielinheels: instead of ME going to this wedding, though, I found myself out and about running errands danielinheels: I went grocery shopping, picked up a friend who needed a ride to the bank, stopped in a video rental store, all kinds of random day junk countesss_kitty: hmmm danielinheels: and I have no clue what to think, because this sequence could have gone on for hours countesss_kitty: well maybe it is you walking around dressed that is soo exciting danielinheels: I'm still trying to piece it together, I have this much so far danielinheels: a good friend of mine just got married danielinheels: a girl @ work yesterday had on some awesome white pumps danielinheels: I ran errands saturday danielinheels: and I recently discovered a costumes shop not too far from my house countesss_kitty: LOL countesss_kitty: okay danielinheels: I dunno, its just really strange, but I know it means something countesss_kitty: can't help ya there, lol and that's where the convo changed subjects. Any insight to this?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

A wedding usually signifies a coming together or a convergence of two separate aspects of your personality. You say that you were dressed for marriage but you avoided it by keeping yourself busy... Perhaps you want to harmonise these two aspects but keep avoiding the subjectbecause something's holding you back. You also mention giving your friend a lift to the bank? Perhaps you are holding yourself back fearing what she would say about your desires.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The human mind is divided into two, your conscious mind and your sub-conscious. Your conscious mind does all the data processing, makes conscious decisions and makes sense of the millions of different pieces of information that comes in every second of your waking day. Your sub-concious tells your heart to beat and sends "control" signals to all different parts of your body. Involuntary spasms, itches and twitches all come from the sub-conscious. Another function of your sub-conscious is to act as a librarian calling up all these pieces of information as and when your concious mind asks for it. If you want to recall a friends phone number, your sub-conscious will go and get it for you, if you try to remember a friend's name, notice how it can sometimes take a while to come through? It takes your libratrian a time to get it, this is why things you were trying to remember suddenly come to mind an hour later. The thing is, your mind never needs to sleep so when your body is sleeping your conscious mind gets bored so starts rifling through the library but as it's like a computer, it will do it in a relevant manner looking for information on whatever it is doing at the time you go to sleep.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It is also very possible your mind is just processing random pieces of information and you happen to put it together to make some kind of sense.

I don't give any stock to dream interpretation.

I usually don't, but since this one was about heels and I haven't been around much lately, I figured I'd throw it out there and see what could be done with it.

Dr. Shoe, I don't think it was my wedding. A good friend of mine just tied the knot, and I'd planned to go before I realized I wouldn't have the money to travel.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

While I can agree that your brain does alot subsconsciencely and does store/retrieve stuff and work on things your thinking of while your going to sleep, I don't buy into it having any deeper meaning that just that. Also, I have had dreams totally unrelated to anything in my life. In my personal opinion (and it is just an opinion as anyone elses are), most things you dream about are just random snipets put together in some semblince to make sense.