Heels @ Work Part V - Hitting normal stride

ShockQueen

I didn't think it was possible, but after almost 4+ months in nothing but heels, I'm actually able to stride along as if I'm not wearing heels at all, and that's saying a lot since I have a LOT of leg stride. I remember a few years ago when I tried to wear heels for any distance, and walked quite slow and my steps were closer together. I guess it's true that after a while it becomes as natural as breathing! :smile: :smile: :wink: HOORAY!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

After almost two years non-stop of wearing heels to the office (the last several months in nothing but pumps) I've found that after a while, wearing heels becomes as natural as breathing, regardless if you're wearing three inchers or eight inchers. Walking in them becomes second nature, most times I don't even think about it, sometimes I even forget I'm wearing heels until I walk on a hard surface like tile or concrete. That's how natural it's become for me, and I suspect for you as well, SQ! More power to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, JeffB!

This weekend I got a pair of platform pumps that are VERRRRRY comfortable, and stylish (IMHO) at the same time!

Posted Image

Tomorrow, they get their first day at the office! People have seen me in similarly styled boots, so I doubt these will come as any shock to them. I love 'em though! We may be carrying them at the store soon too! Yayyyyy!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Today was another "red & black" day for me at work, but I wore some higher pumps than usual - these were a full 5" stiletto pump in red-patent with an ankle strap! I did NOT stumble about, but I'm not gliding yet either. I'm working on it, and work is the best place to get a lot of practice when getting stuff in the break room.

Someday I'll post a pic of my collection, so you can see just how full my room has gotten lately! :grin:

I can just picture the reactions to THAT pic.... :smile:

SQ

http://shockqueen.web1000.com

Well, as with anything, it takes time to get used to something new, as is the case with you and those 5 inch stilettos. Those platform pumps looked quite interesting indeed, don't know if I could go for something like that, given my more conservative tastes, but hey, as long as you like them, that's the important thing! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!