www.stiletto-heel-tips.co.uk

Hi,

ran across this place last week, I have been repairing the good ladies heels of late, but was struggling to make a stiletto tip myself popped the question to google and came up with this place.

I guess some of you have run across them before, but I had not. So I thought I would mention them to you all.

If you were a little uneasy about taking your patent red 5 inch thigh boots in to the local cobbler for repair, these would be the answer to your prayer.

www.stiletto-heel-tips.co.uk

They were very easy to deal with and very promt to sent the tips in the post.

What a great find.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Nigel,

Another good source for tips is :-

http://www.stiftflecken.de/

Bought from them, very prompt service and a much wider rage of sizes.

TB2

Thanks TB2,

It is a shame that they refer to heels as 'ladys' shoes, and not just heels, it takes all sorts to make the world go around!

I have come across a couple of guys that wear heels over the last few years :D

any other guys wear heels?

yeh, thought so.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

ran across this place last week, I have been repairing the good ladies heels of late, but was struggling to make a stiletto tip myself popped the question to google and came up with this place.

I guess some of you have run across them before, but I had not. So I thought I would mention them to you all.

If you were a little uneasy about taking your patent red 5 inch thigh boots in to the local cobbler for repair, these would be the answer to your prayer.

Stiletto Heel Tips Online

They were very easy to deal with and very promt to sent the tips in the post.

What a great find.

Nigel

I have just ordered some tips from this company and found them to be very fast! Their tips are very good quality put the pins are smaller than the ones on my shoes which are 3 mm, I had to order some adaptor tubes for them to fit my shoes. I had not realised that there are two differnt pin sizes. Are the smaller pins a new EU size like everything else these days? Perhaps Dr Shoe can explain.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

No it's just different manufacturers. Some use 2mm and some 3mm. You can get 5mm for thicker heels too. Normally the heel manufacturers supply the "top-pieces" to match their own heels especially the special shape ones.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

No it's just different manufacturers. Some use 2mm and some 3mm. You can get 5mm for thicker heels too. Normally the heel manufacturers supply the "top-pieces" to match their own heels especially the special shape ones.

Thanks for that Dr Shoe,

Anybody ordering heel tips on line should check the pin size of their tips before they order, althought I don't remember seeing anything about this on the German site that I looked at.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Last time I ordered from Ersatz Stiftflecken - die Reparatur der Absaetze Ihrer Damenschuhe they supplied the pin adaptors as well. However, if you are ordereing from them, their website has a page called "TUBES" so you can order some at the same time as your tips. They cost a massive 24 cents (EU) for a pair.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

The adaptor tubes arrived today, but the new heel tips were not a very tight fit in them and I was able to pull the new tips out of the heels with my fingers. I seemed to have solved the problem by applying super glue to the pins before I fit them. The adaptor tubes seemed to be a tight enought fit in the heel tubes, I don't want to use glue on them in case I can't get them out again.