Patience can pay off

sscotty727

As you all know, I mentioned a little while ago how things went too far with the wife and I had to back things up a little bit. Pretty much, I have gone strictly wedge heel all the time now with no separate heel (thick or thin) because my wife was uncomfortable with seeing me in a heel, but was ok with the descrete wedge heel.

Anyway, recently I asked if we could get matching heels for when we are alone. Well, at first I got the "what color" (with a hint of a "here we go again" in her voice). I thought things over a bit and came up with this.

Posted Image

I got them from Beverly Heels (sorry, since they use brackets in their link, I can't hide the URL.

http://www.beverlyheels.com/incEngine/?content=store&mode=display&SRCH_start[custom1]=5&SRCH_end[custom1]=5.9&SRCH_start[custom1]=5&SRCH_end[custom1]=5.9&content=store&product=1030186202

I like them because they are the right height, shape and sexiness. I showed her and told her that since being "clear" they should be alot less "visable" than black/white/red pumps. She said "sure, that is fine" (with no negative feelings in her voice). Anyway, I think she appreciates the fact that I am trying to compromise and take in to account her feelings, etc.

Hopefully they should be in soon (and sorry, I won't be taking/posting any pics;).

Scotty

Love the shoes, but they only go to a size 12USW, and I need a 13. A 12 is a little too small for comfortable wear. The pictures published of most shoes show them in a small size, so the 5 in. heel looks quite tall. When you get them out to size 13, 5 in. doesn't look all that high any more, and many styles don't increase the heel height as the size goes up. I agree on Beverly Heels web site. Some shoes are there that are almost impossible to find, as they don't show up under the headings they list. But their prices and service are usually good.

Another thing I like about them is they take paypals. I try to use my credit card over the internet as little as possible. Paypals is great because you never give out your number to the person your paying. When I do have to use credit, I try to use my AMEX. I've had fraud on my AMEX before and I found they are great at taking care of it.

Did someone say Beverly Heels is good? I got a notification last week that BOTH pairs of heels shipped out. Yesterday (the 18th) I got ONLY my wife's pair, not mine. I wrote them, no reply. Today still no shoes. I am starting to think I got ripped off.

I actually called him lastnight (the first two times I got a fax machine although he swore he doesn't have one). Anyway, he seemed polite and said he would send a message to the warehouse and request another pair be shipped. I give him a chance and see how it goes. He was appologetic and agreed someone messed up.

Give Dag a chance. I had some issues with them before, but they worked them out and got the rest shipped to me. I still recommend them.

I called him on the 18th to let him know they only shipped one pair. He promised immediate action and would email me and let me know what was going on. It has now been ELEVEN days since and not 1 email from him and no shoes.

I just emailed him back. I am very close to cancelling the transaction, getting my money back and taking my business elsewhere. This is very shoddy business practice. I am not sure I will ever order from there again.

The shops section of this site at: http://www.hhplace.org/shops.php seems to have been culled of a few old entries recently.

Can I suggest that people add in anything that is missing that is still current? There are many outlets that are not listed there....

Additionally, for 2 sites, they each still have 2 entries in the list; if anyone wants to edit the list again.

Interesting link - I didn't know it was there. Given that about 80% of the stores carry the same 100 shiny patent fetish shoes, I'd like to see a control that would separate these. Information on largest sizes would be nice, too, provided there's some criteria, such as at least ten styles equal to size 13.

Was about ready to give up, sent him this on Saturday....

What gives? I called you on April 18th to report I

only got the size 6 and not the size 11. You said you

would keep me informed by email but I have heard

nothing back. Is this being looked into or not? I am

about to request the transaction just be cancelled and

my money be refunded if I don't hear anything soon.

Got this response today

Hi there,

Im so sorry. I sent in a request to the manufacture complaining that

the entire order was not fulfilled - and they did not email me back.

I will print this out, and call them tomorrow. They have really

caused me a lot of frustration lately - with mistakes and delays.

I know this looks bad on Beverlyheels.com - but we rely on the

manufacturer to send their shoes out, and sometimes they make

mistakes, and take forever to get the corrected. Either way, I will

ask them to send the size 11's out tomorrow.

I will print this out now, so when I call them tomorrow - I will get

it straightened out. Sorry for not getting back to you - they did

not respond to my email so I thought they would just send the shoes

out. However, I have still not seen another tracking number or

invoice for you.

I will call or email you back on Monday (later today).

dag

It was more other stuff. She is ok with the descrete wedges. I didn't say she was great with them, but she is ok with them. It was when I was pushing other stuff in public (wearing sports bras, pushing to wear pumps out to dinner/movie with just her, etc) that she felt I was pushing things. There is also the fact she feels overwelmed at home with doing alot. I admit, I don't do as much as home as I should and part of that is to blame on my feeling sluggish/tired all the time cause of gaining weight. I finally decided enough is enough and went out and bought an exercise bike this weekend. Now I have very little excuse for not working out atleast 20-30mins a day. Even put it in the room where I have the ceiling fan/cable TV, SO, can easily work out there. Hopefully I will lose weight, feel more energetic and start helping out more around the house so she feels less overwhelmed.

Well from my point of view it looks like you have a good handle on things. As for the weight ... well I think we all could loose a little weight so CONGRATS to you for seeing it and deciding to make the change. If you keep up with that attitude all will be well!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I ended up cancelling the order with Beverly Heels. I poked around a bit and found another pair by Pleaser that is pretty much exactly the same as the Elle. They just came in today and I am wearing them right now (kids are in bed). Something tells me I won't mind doing the dishes tonight;) Actually, I ought to offer that to the wife. I will do the dishes all the time now if I can wear my heels while doing them:) We both win. Scotty